Had this problem since I have owned the phone, and can't seem to fix the problem nor find an answer. Spent two hours online with AT&T customer service and then tech support yesterday, and just wanting to see if anyone else has dealt with this/figured it out.

I have an 8700c, and when I try to download anything from MEdia Net, I get as far as purchasing the ringtone/game/app, and a screen pops up telling me that my phone is not supported by MEdia Net.

I straight up asked the tech person with AT&T if it was simply that I could not use the service with the 8700c. Not that it would make sense, but AT&T has also decided that I cannot receive MMS with my phone, so who knows. Anyway, I went through a whole bunch of hoops with no resolution. Fixing stuff on the backend, looking at my account, restarting and re-installing the OS. No luck with any of it.

So, has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
    07-03-08 04:19 PM
    I followed the information in this link

hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/f3/howto-semi-ota-installs-opera-4-1-up-28400/

(replace the xxp with ttp).

The Browser does not allow OTA installs with Media Net on the Blackberry Browser as the Blackberry Browser requires Blackberry Internet Service (Which is more expensive than Media Net).

The hack is explained in my post or you can go to the website which is also linked in the forums, but I found the instructions on the website a little vague as well as a little wrong.

The simplest thing is just to sign up with Blackberry Internet Service and you should be fine, but it's more costly
    07-21-08 05:43 PM
    Had this problem since I have owned the phone, and can't seem to fix the problem nor find an answer. Spent two hours online with AT&T customer service and then tech support yesterday, and just wanting to see if anyone else has dealt with this/figured it out.

I have an 8700c, and when I try to download anything from MEdia Net, I get as far as purchasing the ringtone/game/app, and a screen pops up telling me that my phone is not supported by MEdia Net.

I straight up asked the tech person with AT&T if it was simply that I could not use the service with the 8700c. Not that it would make sense, but AT&T has also decided that I cannot receive MMS with my phone, so who knows. Anyway, I went through a whole bunch of hoops with no resolution. Fixing stuff on the backend, looking at my account, restarting and re-installing the OS. No luck with any of it.

So, has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
    -----
    I just tried the hack out and it works man .. Go for it . I am on this site right now from my phone ...
    08-07-08 11:09 AM
    Well, my problem was not getting on the internets, it is specifically downloading stuff from MEdia Net. I downloaded the Opera Mini browser, and I am using it now as I like it much better than the other browser that came with my phone, but I have not figured out how this fix would allow me to download stuff from MEdia Net.

I cannot even get to MEdia Net from the Opera Mini browser. Also, I have Blackberry Internet Service already, that is why I was confused as to why I could not download from MEdia Net.
    08-07-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD