Before reading, I have not been able to look at this phone yet as I'm stuck home for the rest of the week because of a procedure I had done on my back today. So I'm trying to get ideas before telling him "I dunno, pull the batter", which is actually what I'm going to tell him first.

Onto the issue:

The BB is an 8703e on a BES, still running 4.1.0.384 (not my choice)
    One of my users left a message for me that he is unable to make any calls from his Call Logs or Address Book, not even his speed dial (including 1 for voicemail). The only way he can call is by dialing the number manually.

I'm going to have him pull the battery and see what happens, then also see if he can call them by using the trackwheel instead of the call button, but any other ideas? I'm fine reloading the OS if necessary, but again I won't be back until Monday, he called around 4:00 this afternoon (just as I was getting done). Ideas please
    09-17-08 08:27 PM
    I included my Address Book in Content Protection, to see if that would affect calling from the Address Book. It did not.

It's possible that a BES Admin setting has inadvertently gotten enabled / disabled and is blocking access to the Addres Book and Call Log dialing. I'm not an Admin, so I can't tell you the name of the setting.
    09-17-08 11:20 PM
    i was going to call the contractors in charge of the BES about it, but alas the battery pull worked...

some how all of my weird issues are fixed with either that or sending the host routing tables, just my luck i guess
    09-18-08 12:24 PM
    Ironic to revive this thread, but dealing with the same issue and the only thing that came up in Google was this thread itself. But dealing with the same problem as before, different person (I think, can't remember last September), but they are unable to make a call from the address book. If they select the contact and either click the trackwheel (yes, trackwheel, antique) or hit the talk button it just goes to the call logs. They can dial a number directly so it's not a Sprint issue. Again I'm not there to troubleshoot it directly but have someone else looking at it and they've pulled the battery with no luck. I told them if it doesn't start working after pulling again to wipe it, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? It's an 8703e, same OS as before.
    07-29-09 04:16 PM
    Go to Phone>Options>Smart Dialing>Change Country Code to Unknown>Save
    08-10-09 01:17 PM
    I received my 7100i today for use on the Bostmobile network. I've gotten everything to work except calling from my address book. Whenever I call from it, it says the number I have dialed is not in service or is dialed incorrectly.

But when I dial it by keypad it goes right through... The suggestion above says to change the country code to unknown...How do I do that on the 7100i...or is there something else i need to do?
    12-08-09 12:48 AM
    I received my 7100i today for use on the Bostmobile network. I've gotten everything to work except calling from my address book. Whenever I call from it, it says the number I have dialed is not in service or is dialed incorrectly.

But when I dial it by keypad it goes right through... The suggestion above says to change the country code to unknown...How do I do that on the 7100i...or is there something else i need to do?
    I have the Same problem, did you find a solution??? Please tell me if you did
    12-22-10 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD