Hello my black berry 8700r just became nuked well it has the signs of being nuked just the hourglass spins then powers off then on and keeps the pattern keeps repeating but thats not the problem i can just get another phone. the phone can be replaced as for my data on it i really need it. it has 600 of my company contacts on it and and i am in need of some serious help. and i did not make any backup of my information. so what i am asking is if anyone knows of any way to retrieve the data off the phone?

any help would be great.

and thanx in advance
    Last edited by celey911; 08-12-08 at 07:44 PM.
    08-12-08 07:42 PM
    Did you back up your device via dm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 07:49 PM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

try this and then if you get it up and running you can do a backup on desktop manager
    08-12-08 07:51 PM
    But wouldn't doing that erase my contact list? because i do not have these contacts backed up at all anywhere else. so if i do this will my contacts still be intact after i reload the OS? because it says it will erase all personal data.

Thanks for the quick responses as well plz help me solve this someone it would mean the world to me.

and no i did not backup my data using blackberry DM
    08-12-08 08:04 PM
    Hmm. It may be worth a shot to take your phone to the store and see if they can transfer your contacts over to a new device.

08-12-08 08:06 PM
    hmmm i'm not 100% sure if your contacts will stay on there or not mine always have when i've done an os install
    08-12-08 08:07 PM
    I think they will all be erased. This happened to me when I first got my phone before I discovered crackberry and when I brought it in to the store they said they could not do anthing to get my contacts back. It is definitely worth a shot though you never know.

08-12-08 08:11 PM
    had you ever synced your contacts to outlook ?
    08-12-08 08:14 PM
    ya i just read through the nuked berry thread and you would lose all of your contacts if you follow this unless you had them synced to outlook or saved to a sim card (i'm not sure if rogers has them)
    08-12-08 08:16 PM
    o okey thanks. but is there any other way i can just get into a recovery mode or something and just extract the data out of the flash of the device? because all i need is the contact list because basically my whole company's client list is on this phone. is there any alternatives to the nuke recovery because i need this contact list really badly any help will be great. as well i would like to say thank you to all the users at crackberry in the forms in advance you guys/girls are all great
    08-12-08 08:17 PM
    you can try to hook up the berry to desktop manager but i don't know if it would recognize it. if it does you can do a backup
    08-12-08 08:18 PM
    Nope i never synced useing outlook because at are office we where setting up a blackberry connection called something act or axe or something that is why i never synced because are network wasn't complete yet
    08-12-08 08:19 PM
    i did try to hook up up when i plug it in it just enables usb then disables it it just makes taht sound windows makes when u plug it in and take it out constantly.
    08-12-08 08:20 PM
    Yeah being it to your carrier but I seriously doubt they will be able to recover.

08-12-08 08:22 PM
    i tried that to they just gave me a new blackberry and said to use that but all my data is on this phone so rogers is no help at all
    08-12-08 08:24 PM
    do you have desktop manager downloaded on your computer ?
    08-12-08 08:25 PM
    yep i do 4.5 i belive
    08-12-08 08:46 PM
    can you sync with your company data base now that they have the program up it is probably act you wont recover any personal contacts but should be able to get any company contacts that are in there database
    08-24-08 07:59 AM
    i work for the globe in the states and we have tech to move contacts but the phones have to be mostly functional like on a blackberry a client called cellbrite phonebook client has to be installed then launched to move contacts if a phone is bricked it is useless to go to a regular store maybe if they have a tech department that can tear a phone down but your regular run of the mill store will be useless for this type of problem
    in the future do backups often to outlook anytime you have address book changes go to dm and sync or if you dont have a program that syncs with the add book back up your device
    08-24-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD