Folks:

BB type 8700e

All I want to do is install a reader app for ebooks (Mobireader), but the BB is locked down with an IT security policy because the office is using BES.

In my case, I can't follow the 'Remove IT security policy' instructions I've found because I still need to connect to the BES everyday and the 'wipe device' step in the instructions will remove the BES settings - which I still need.

Is there a way I can temporarily relax the security policy to allow the installation of a 3rd party app? Or can the install file be manually copied to the system and then run there?

Also, was thinking that one way around it would be to install the free BES express on my own Exchange server and then be able to not synch with the new BES, but only adjust the security policy to install the app.

But, I don't know if I can have the BB touch the second BES (express) system without causing a problem for the main office BES.

It's a lot of work to do just to find out it will never work or I'll muck up the BB. Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks in advance.
    09-22-07 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD