I truly am a blackberry addict but I can not get used to the rolling ball. Im so used to the trackball that I traded in my Curve for a 8700...Does anyone agree that the track wheel is better? Or does anyone know if BB is ever going to bring back the wheel...

Thanks T-RIP OUT!!!!
    07-15-08 11:09 AM
    Got to stay up with the times man. I definitley would not have gotten rid of the curve. If you have the technology, use it...
    07-15-08 11:55 AM
    I never owned a trackwheel berry, but I've played with one a little here and there. I gotta say, I like my ball

People have a hard time with change I think once they get used to something, maybe give it a try again someday? I'll take the Curve if you don't want it!!
    07-15-08 12:03 PM
    the trackwheel is cool but it does stick on me at times though and not to mention that my thumb hurts at time when i have to stretch it over to the right to use the wheel i have little hands.
    07-16-08 03:14 PM
    Heck no!

That thing was prejudiced against left handed people!

LoL
    07-16-08 04:09 PM
    I truly am a blackberry addict but I can not get used to the rolling ball. Im so used to the trackball that I traded in my Curve for a 8700...Does anyone agree that the track wheel is better? Or does anyone know if BB is ever going to bring back the wheel...

Thanks T-RIP OUT!!!!

i had a lot devices with a track wheel and it was difficult for a good 2 weeks to get use to it but now i love it.. i totaly understund where you coming from , i had the same reaction.. now i wouldn t change it back.. i really love and it s way faster in the web borswer too.. in the 4.5 0s you have an arrow , the ball can be use liek a mouse .. very nice feature
    07-16-08 04:25 PM
    I prefer the ball. Although the way the 7100x fits in my hand is awesome!
    07-17-08 07:02 AM
    [QUOTE=Haydendillon;497086]I truly am a blackberry addict but I can not get used to the rolling ball. Im so used to the trackball (wheel)that I traded in my Curve for a 8700...Does anyone agree that the track wheel is better? Or does anyone know if BB is ever going to bring back the wheel...

Thanks T-RIP OUT!!!![/Quote

Ok so you like the wheel so much that you gave up on the technology that comes with the Curve and went back to a device that is pretty much obsolete? That just doesnt make sense in so many ways... and i used a 7230 for about a year before going to the Pearl and then the Curve I wouldnt even go back to the Pearl.

Thats just not normal.
    07-17-08 11:24 AM
    I had a 7230 and a 7290. I wnet over to SOny Ericsson.

I touched an 8800 with the trackball and that was it! SOLD!.

I went straight out and bought a Pearl - realized what I was missing and bought the Curve.

Trackwheel - keep banging the rocks together.
    07-17-08 11:36 AM
    I lost my 8700 a year ago and replaced it with a POS LG (partly because I was a serious Crackberry addict and was on the verge of being divorced for BBing during meals, while driving etc).

My contract is now up and I am looking for a new smartphone. However, the iPhone has some major issues (notably the little things like cut and paste, but although I tried the keyboard successfully once, I do prefer having real keys). As for the new BBs... who knows how good they will actually end up being when they finally get released ?

Thus, I am thinking of waiting for another few months and I am considering getting a non-contract phone for the meantime.

I love the 8700, far better than I like my wife's Curve;

1. The wheel fits my hand better, rather than having to fold my thumb over to get to the ball. Using space (to go down a page at a time) and B to go to the bottom, navigating text does not take any longer with the wheel than the ball, in my experience.

2. The extra key on the front of the Curve bugs me terribly because even after using it for a few months, I still keep pushing end rather than menu up (or vice versa).

3. To wake the Curve from sleeping, I have to do something. On the 8700 I could just move the wheel and it woke up. I hate pushing a button in case that registers something.

I miss the trackwheel. Sure, the Curve is more modern technology than the 8700 and, in most ways, is better... but sometimes the little details of the user interface matter. That is probably why we still doodle with a pen on paper at our desks rather than using Microsoft Paint.

Heck, the touchscreen keyboard on the iPhone is technologically more advanced than the real keyboard on the BB, but that does not necessarily make it better.
    07-22-08 03:07 PM
    I have an 8703 for work and a 8830 for personal use. I can't stand using the trackwheel on the 8703. I can get around much faster using my 8830.
    07-22-08 03:11 PM
    Never had a trackwheel. But love the trackball. Did the trackwheel work for other than just scrolling up and down?
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 03:14 PM
    The ball is theoretically a better design, I accept that. The biggest problem with it is that it is on the front rather than the side, which is where the thumb naturally falls.

The wheel goes left and right if you hold shift (I think) down while moving it.

Heck, personally I think it would be better to stick with an accelerometer and you could just tilt the phone in the direction you want to scroll ! ;-)
    07-22-08 04:04 PM
    To the person that said trackwheels are prejudiced against left handers. I'm left handed....and I use it just fine, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD