I just bought my first blackberry, a verizon 8703e, from ebay. It hasn't been delivered yet, but I would like to know if there's anything disabled or locked, like bluetooth OBEX, etc...? I want to know everything about it when it gets here.
    04-07-10 05:36 AM
    Everything should work except you may need to get it unlocked to work on another carrier. Several unlocking vendors are here in a separate forum area.

Also since you bought it from ebay if it is used you will have to get the PIN disconnected from the old telco before you can use it. The seller should do this for you.

Congrats on your new BB!
    04-07-10 05:44 AM
    Everything should work except you may need to get it unlocked to work on another carrier. Several unlocking vendors are here in a separate forum area.

Also since you bought it from ebay if it is used you will have to get the PIN disconnected from the old telco before you can use it. The seller should do this for you.

Congrats on your new BB!
    Thanks! It's going onto Verizon (Actually an Alltel plan, which *228 has always worked for the LG dumbphones I've used before).

If I put the sprint service books onto it, will it have the IM program or enable GPS?
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 04-07-10 at 06:05 AM.
    04-07-10 05:55 AM
    I dont think the 87xx series has gps
    04-07-10 06:07 AM
    You should have BB messenger. You can always download the latest from the blackberry site. You should also go there to check the specs on your phone. Blackberry.com.
    04-07-10 06:13 AM
    I dont think the 87xx series has gps
    the sprint version does.

I've done a similar thing with the 7100i from nextel onto boost for my girlfriend. Put the nextel service books onto it, which added the Nextel online web browser to it. Which then allowed me to install opera, twitter, gmail etc....
    04-07-10 06:14 AM
    I just bought my first blackberry, a verizon 8703e, from ebay. It hasn't been delivered yet, but I would like to know if there's anything disabled or locked, like bluetooth OBEX, etc...? I want to know everything about it when it gets here.
    A Verizon device? Your profile states you are on Sprint which will not work with your newly purchased Verizon Phones. Its not unlockable and even if it was Sprint doesn't use GSM technology.
    04-07-10 04:15 PM

Congrats on your new BB!
    Greatest signature ever!
    04-07-10 05:40 PM
    I'm curious as to why you got an 8700?
    04-07-10 05:41 PM
    Verizon branded 8703 will only work on Verizon. It's a great basic, non multimedia BB, meaning it has no camera, and it's not good with videos and such like later BBs. (Like Curve, Bold, Storm etc)
    04-07-10 07:32 PM
    Closed to spammers!
    04-07-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD