i lost my bb 8700G and just got a new one today. my last one, i didnt know how to copy my address book into my laptop. so i lost all my addresses and phone numbers. i dont want to make the same mistake again. i have read instructions but they are too confusing. can someone explain in VERY SIMPLE terms how to do this? thanks so much!
    12-31-07 05:16 PM
    You can sync it with Outlook or you can just use the backup/restore feature to backup all the data on your handheld.
    12-31-07 05:21 PM
    I'll send you a message with a link that will hopefully assist you Always check the forums listed.
    12-31-07 05:37 PM
    John..i dont even know what synchronize means or how to do it. i have NO clue. i do know i have some kind of cord that connects my bb to laptop. but dont know where to go from there.
    blacklatino. i will check it out but it seems probably as technical as my user manual.
    i need simple kindergarten level instructions
    12-31-07 05:49 PM
    Remove CD that was included in Box.

Install Desktop Manager Software (if asked, setup using BIS email configuration.)

Plug in device.

Open Desktop Manager

Click on Backup/Restore

Click Backup.
    12-31-07 07:04 PM
    ok thanks so much. will try it!

Remove CD that was included in Box.

Install Desktop Manager Software (if asked, setup using BIS email configuration.)

Plug in device.

Open Desktop Manager

Click on Backup/Restore

Click Backup.
    12-31-07 07:05 PM
    If you use Microsoft Outlook you can use that same software to configure your device to syncronize with Outlook. If you just want the stuff on your device and don't care if it's on your computer too, then just do the backups regularly.
    12-31-07 07:08 PM
    Could download and use the Google sync function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-07 08:57 PM
    Could download and use the Google sync function.
    Does that sync contacts as well?
    01-01-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD