I do tech support and I have a customer who has a Blackberry 8700 with v4.1 of the desktop software. The Blackberry interfaces with an Exchange 2003 server and he uses Outlook 2003 on his desktop. The problem is the organization he works for only allows for 25 meg mail boxes. He has the device setup to delete email from the handheld and with the Exchange server at the same time. The problem is that when it deletes from the Exchange server, it puts the deleted mail into his “deleted items” folder which still uses up space. If he is gone from the office for a week or more he can easily get a full mailbox.

I already did research couldn’t find a way to prevent Outlook from doing this. I don’t know if the solution is in Outlook, server side on the Exchange server or with the Blackberry desktop software. Anyone have any ideas?
    01-21-08 10:02 PM
    The device is just a copy of your mailbox. For instance when you send a message it would put a copy in your sent items folder and give a copy to exchange for the exchange server to then send it out. Pretty much the same with deleting email. If he deleted it on his device it will just tell Exchange he deleted it as if he did in outlook, which will put it into his deleted items folder.

If there is a solution I can guarantee it is not on the BlackBerry side.
    01-24-08 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD