So I can't figure out how to do this:

I have my email set up, and when I read it from my BB, it still shows unread from my computer. Can I change that?

Also, when you go into the security options, what does
    Content Protection and Content Compression mean?

What is a key store?

And when it does memory cleaning, what does it clean?

If I want to enable a password on my sim card, what is the pin code?
    07-15-08 05:52 PM
    So I can't figure out how to do this:

I have my email set up, and when I read it from my BB, it still shows unread from my computer. Can I change that?

Also, when you go into the security options, what does
    Content Protection and Content Compression mean?

What is a key store?

And when it does memory cleaning, what does it clean?

If I want to enable a password on my sim card, what is the pin code?
    Content protection means that the personal data files on the bb are encrypted. You have the sub-option to include the address book. Rim gives you this option because if you include the address book in content protection, caller ID won't work and you won't be able to sync the address book to the PC. It's generally best not to include address book protection.

Content compression just stores your personal content more efficiently. That's probably worth doing, since our devices don't have much spare memory, but I haven't seen any data re how much memory this saves.

Key Store: According to the User Guide, "you can use the key store if you install the S/MIME Support Package or PGP® Support Package on your BlackBerry® device." That's really all I know.

Memory Cleaning erases cached passwords in your memory. It does not free up any significant amount of memory. It's only an option if you have content protection enabled.

I don't have a sim card in my 8830, so I can't help with that.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-15-08 at 09:37 PM. Reason: clarity
    07-15-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD