Hi, I have an 8703e that is connected to my office BES server. I want to use a bluetooth GPS receiver with it. When I turn on Bluetooth for GPS, I get a message that I've tried to initiate a connection that is not allowed by my IT policy. So, I went to our BES person, who tells me they don't have a policy on my phone. Then starts looking at the server and finds out there is a policy, so now they say there is a policy, but it's not preventing any bluetooth connection. I think they don't know the policy and I don't know what to tell them to allow/disallow. I know bluetooth works for earpieces and for my PocketPC as I've used it.

Any ideas I can tell them to look for or what to change?

Thanks.
    08-24-07 10:39 PM
    ALL BES servers have IT Policies! Anyway, on your device go to options / security options / general settings - scroll down, don't you see something in IT Policy Name?

Have them add you to the default IT Policy. Hopefully they did not amend that policy and they created new one, and made changes to it. I never amend the default policy. If something happens we can always restore...
    08-26-07 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD