all day long and don''t seem to be getting anywhere.

I have a Blackberry 8703e that was given to me recently. I'm coming from a Treo 650 and I love the Palm software and was hoping the blackberry desktop software was somewhat smiliar but I can't even get it to work.

I know people are going to say 'why even have a PDA without data' but I have no need for data service and never had it on my Treo. Is the reason I'm not able to load the desktop software bacause there is no data service or e-mail attached to my PDA?

I was able to load the Desktop Manager, Media manager, synchronizer, Backup and Restore, Application Loader and Switch Device wizard but can get anything to work that looks like the Palm Desktop software.

If anyone could provide assistance I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by ARB; 03-31-08 at 04:11 PM.
    03-31-08 04:09 PM
    Frustrations day two.

OK, this is the error I'm now getting:

The BlackBerry Desktop software does not have BlackBerry Device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

HELLO!!!!! anybody...
    04-01-08 08:42 AM
    You need to D/L AND install the current OS from your device to your PC.
    And there is no program for BB like you are used to for your Palm.
    04-01-08 09:17 AM
    Find your BB's OS software here:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    04-01-08 09:18 AM
    You need to D/L AND install the current OS from your device to your PC.
    And there is no program for BB like you are used to for your Palm.
    Wow, that's too bad. I guess I'll be going back to my Treo. Thanks for the help though. Unfortunately this 8703e will be on Ebay within the week.
    04-01-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD