hello,
    pls i need ur help.My bb 8700g refused to boot after putting a software.it displays the busy sign and a red light as the indicator .it repeats it self in as much as i put the battery.pls help me out i dont want to loose it.
    thanks
    05-21-07 07:17 PM
    Did the software successfully install? We need some more info please. What OS are you loading? Also, did you perform a backup before installing this software?
    05-21-07 07:56 PM
    well,i dont think the sofware installed successfully because the phone could not boot for me to see it from the display.i was installing application software like bible,call recorder from a site.i did not perform any backup . pls help
    thanks
    05-22-07 03:39 AM
    Well, if you did not perform any backup, there is not much we can do to get your information back. You must perform backups on a regular basis to prevent stuff like this from happening. I'd suggest at least once a week.

As far as the device itself, you should probably just wipe it and start over. Use JL_CMDER to completely wipe and then re-install the OS.

d_fisher at BBF's designed the program and it will work well for you to wipe and start over fresh. This time, make sure you perform weekly backups.

Here is the link for the full thread at BBF's. It should have instructions for use. Good luck!
    05-22-07 10:43 AM
    still having the problem with my bb.i was actually loading an application software when the entire stuff crashed.after loading the software i then switched it on but it refused to boot.it constantly shows the busy icon and a red light.it does this over and over in as much as the battery is in.If i try to connect it with my pc,the blackberry desktop manager displays ...NO SYSTEM SOFTWARE WAS FOUND FOR YOUR DEVICECONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR OR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR INFORMATION ON OBTAINING A SYSTEM DEVICE SOFTWARE...

blackberry device manager is 4.1.1.9
    bbdev mgr 1.4.0.14

pls me
    thanks
    05-23-07 02:42 PM
    Did you completey wipe the device with JL_Cmder and reload the OS like I suggested?
    05-23-07 03:16 PM
    The JL cmder finds it difficult to communicate with my bb.my bb goes off and on with busy icon and a red indicator lght showing.And,i still want u to help me get a link where i can get the os for my bb8700g.
    Thanks
    05-27-07 07:10 PM
    Here is where you can get the OS for your device. Just find your carrier and download.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...oad-sites-664/
    05-28-07 03:28 PM
    My bb problem still remains, jl cmder can not erase my bb.busy icon and a red lite are on and no home screen display.pls help me.
    Thanks
    06-12-07 03:03 PM
    Try it the old way. Install the BlackBerry software on your pc, open desktop manager, connect your BlackBerry, and double click on Application Loader...

Let it run from there. If that fails, then it could just be a hardware issue, period...

Unless you're not following the steps EXACTLY as stated by Kasperapd, or myself...
    06-12-07 03:25 PM
    Navilyn,i have done what u said but my bb could not be upgraded.i think i should just throw it away or what do u think?do u still have an additional advice for me so i can continue with my bb?.
    Thanks
    06-12-07 05:09 PM
    Well, seems like it might be hardware issue. Strange, but it does happen...
    06-12-07 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD