My first post...I am sure my answers are somewhere buried in this forum, but I haven't been able to locate it. Please be patient with me...

I bought a used BB8700c from someone who used it (evidently) for a device on an enterprise. I was just going to use it for calling and texting; however, I have since decided that I may use if for my email/internet. The instructions say that there should be an icon to set up the email, etc.; however, there isn't an icon for using personal email, etc. (help) The phone came with a lot of extras (cd, 'earbud', extended-life battery, belt clip, and a BB desktop cd).

1. I loaded the desktop software and when I plug the USB into the device and the computer it doesn't recognize that it is attached. What do I do?

2. What do I need to do to get the software on the device changed/altered/updated?

3. As a new 'user' to the 8700, is there anything 'cool' that I can do to better enjoy my device?

The phone doesn't have a scratch on it...so, I would really like to use it....

Thank you.
    09-10-09 02:29 PM
    Games are usually what I go for, especially on long trips, i like to do something. favorite would be dopewars. Just make sure you download the correct format for games.... .alx and install correctly or you will mess up the device, kinda like mine is doing right now
    09-10-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD