Hello,

I have in my hand an 8700. I support and manage our blackberry enviornment, and our users all except for one are Bold and curve users. But we have one person, who hates change no matter how nice something is, and refuses to give up this phone. He had reported to me that his battery was loosing power rapidly, and it just started about a week ago. I replaced him with a new battery, and when I came in this morning, the new battery was dead too. So replacing the battery did not solve the issue. Any Ideas?
    12-04-08 08:14 AM
    Does he have various applications open constantly. Depending on what it is it could be causing the battery drain. Even though I have an extended life battery. If I surf the net too much it drains quite quickly at times.
    12-04-08 09:59 AM
    I doubt he is going to the internet with his phone... but he doesn't have anything loaded or running that did not already come with the phone. The one problem is that he keeps all emails on his device forever, he is our legal counsel at work and no matter how many times I tell him that his emails will be saved on his mail file, his answer always is... well.. what if im not near my laptop and need to access an email from 2 yrs ago. So I digress, he has about 6k emails on his device. The click wheel broke on his phone and I had to dig around to get a refurb, so this handheld is only about 5 mos old.
    12-04-08 10:04 AM
    Wow that's bad he's a packrat with email. Sheesh no matter what company I'd work for if they provided me with a berry. If I knew all my stuff was backed up. I'd wait until I was in front of a computer. Nevermind keeping emails stored on the berry for 2 years, because really when would that need to be accessed. That could be a memory hog and quite possibly a battery killer I'd think.
    12-04-08 10:39 AM
    Thats what I would think as well.. Just strange that it was fine up until last week... then all of a sudden no battery. And a new battery did not fix it either.
    12-04-08 10:44 AM
    That is weird, that a new battery don't even fix things.... I'd say back up everything put it on a new berry and put that one under a car tire or something.

Granted I can't disagree with him on the fact of not caring about the newest piece of gear, etc. I love my 8700g and just recently bought a new body for it.
    12-04-08 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD