There is an ongoing discussion in the 8830 area on a problem that seems to amplify background noise instead of cancelling it. I recently did a test in a VZW store with both the 8703e and the 8830 and both seemed to show the same behavior -- when I do not talk, the background sounds are amplified to a high level and when I do talk, the background sounds are surpressed.

Has anyone noticed this on your 8703e? Is this normal?

I have talked to people who were using the 8703e but on the Sprint network. There was no sign of this problem. Could this be a VZW-specific issue?

Thanks in advance.
    07-31-07 09:40 PM
    We have three 8830s with Verizon and have noticed the same issues with background noise. I tested a Pearl and a Curve through ATT last week, no background noise but not enough cell coverage either.
    08-01-07 04:24 AM
    I've never noticed any background noise on my 8703e when using a headset, ear piece or nothing at all. I've been using mine for 6 months without a problem.

Gia
    08-01-07 11:57 AM
    The only time anyone notices background noise is when I have my Jabra 250v on and I'm outside walking, then it's just normally wind or if I'm in the car with the window down. Other then that when I'm talking on the BB itself, nobody can even tell.
    08-01-07 12:40 PM
    My husband has complained about the background noise on his BB. I don't notice it much on mine, but he keeps his earpiece volume up pretty high.
    08-01-07 03:56 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to get the VZW 8703e and really beat on it during the 30-day return period.
    08-02-07 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD