So I upgraded the OS in my 8700c yesterday to 4.2. I believe it installed correctly. As far as I know anyway, it's been running great! But now every time I try to install a new app in apploader, it reinstalls all of 4.2. Is there any way to stop this?

When apploader opens, the status is "none" and not "install" so I don't know why it's doing it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    05-07-08 11:18 AM
    That's kind of how it's supposed to work. When you install a newer version of the OS onto your computer, the next time you connect your phone and run app loader it will ask if you want to upgrade. The only way to stop it is to either install the update to your phone, or downgrade the OS version that you installed on your computer.
    05-07-08 11:44 AM
    i've already installed the update.... thats what im saying... ive installed it already, and its still asking me to install it again everytime i run desktop manager
    05-07-08 01:33 PM
    I don't think you did. Once you install the OS onto your computer, then launch app loader, it will ask if you what to update the OS on your phone. When you say yes, it will update your phone. Then it won't ask you again. You have install the OS to your computer first, then using the app loader, install the update to your phone.

You can verify whether or not you have the latest OS on your phone by going to Options > About. Look at the third line down that begins with a v. This is the version number.
    05-07-08 01:39 PM
    and i quote "v4.2.1.66" the OS is on my phone. I promise.
    05-07-08 02:24 PM
    Is that the same exact version that you have installed on your computer?
    05-07-08 02:30 PM
    yes'um. it is.
    05-07-08 02:40 PM
    There must be something wrong with your computer then... If the OS version installed on the computer, matches the version that is on the phone, it should not ask you to upgrade.
    05-07-08 02:43 PM
    There must be something wrong with your computer then... If the OS version installed on the computer, matches the version that is on the phone, it should not ask you to upgrade.
    I'm seeing this same behavior and I'm running DM 5.0. It's driving me crazy!!
    05-08-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD