Hey all, great site here, Ive done some searchin and not sure if the answer is out there but I just installed BES on my server at work.

It has synched up great etc, but now in my Address Book, I have all my contacts from Outlook also like email addresses etc. Anyway to just make my Address Book be phone numbers? Only reason I ask is for this, I have like John Doe was in my phone as a number before I installed BES.

Now in my Address book, I have John Doe and then another entry below it, John Doe. I know its because I happen to have the same dude in my Email Contacts but for Email only, can I just merge the info? Do I have to do this for all my contacts that happen to have a phone # and a spot in my Outlook?

Did I confuse the heck out of everyone? haha thanks!
    09-20-07 10:02 PM
    Address book is a replica of Outlook Contacts, period. Also, you should have your contacts (on the BlackBerry) set to NOT allow duplicates - rather confusing, no?
    09-20-07 10:12 PM
    Thanks, I got it all straight this morning, updated my Outlook Contacts and then combined email addresses into peoples phone entries... nice and neat now.

Now question, since im on BES, do I need to still use the Desktop application to synch so i have a backup or is that essentially what BES with Exchange is doing?
    09-21-07 11:46 AM
    Nope, that's the beauty of BES, it's ALL wireless synch, unless your company has turned off a particular feature...

Desktop Manager now would only be used to copy files to the memory card (not compulsory to use it, since you can use Windows Explorer), and to do backups...
    09-21-07 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD