So I've got a buddy with an 87xx (I don't know the exact model) and I believe he's running 4.2. He doesn't have a data plan, and I was just wondering if there was a way to add ringtones to his phone using a USB connection. Whenever I hooked it up thru DM, Roxio wouldn't recognize anything on his end. Any suggestions?
    02-20-09 10:36 AM
    if his phone is not media capable like the curve 8330 is, then no the roxio will not recognize it. wat if you were to send them to him via mms? and wen he rec's them, he can name/save ringtone you sent him!
    02-20-09 10:41 AM
    I've tried to send pictures to him, but he claims that he can't recieve them. He's got AT&T! I shouldn't care so much, but I hate to see a BB go without proper usage...
    02-20-09 04:53 PM
    tried to send pictures

8703 will not show pics in texts...only if sent by email.
    05-28-09 09:13 PM
    Hook his phone to your pc and go to blackberry.com

Smartphone - Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com pick your device

then click on Get games, ringtones and applications for your smartphone

click on blackberry device software

click update

go through the instructions, this will update the OS On the phone to 4.5 and will include a media player.

After the phone is updated which will take about an hour go back to blackberry.com and download the desktop software version 4.7. That software will install the roxio media manager which will allow you to put mp3 files on your husbands blackberry!
    06-10-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD