I recently changed jobs and took my BB 8700c with me. At the old job, we had BES whose policies disabled the Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass services on my BB. Now, I would like to set up my 8700c to sync via Bluetooth to my new laptop. I have paired the BB with my laptop and set up the Desktop Manager software. I can sync via USB, but would prefer Bluetooth. I have all the necessary setup requirements, but the Desktop Manager software will not detect my Bluetooth connection. When I go to the Bluetooth properties on my BB, it only lists Headset and Handsfree under services, and does not have Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass. From everything I've read on the BB website, this is why it will not detect my BB.

My question... is there any way to readd the Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass services to my BB without access to BES? I haven't found any way to do so, and I would prefer not to have to reset/wipe the BB if possible (and don't even know if that would work).
    07-10-07 03:30 PM
    Sounds like you need to remove the IT policy. The best way would be to get your old employer to send you a blank IT policy, but if that is not possible, look at http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...lackberry-569/
    07-10-07 05:00 PM
    i know this is an old post, but i am having the same trouble with my 8130 except that i don't have BES, I only have BIS, so i need a solution for that situation. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    03-18-09 12:29 PM
    looking myself!
    03-24-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD