Hey guys and gals,

After playing with my girlfriends curve, I just have to have a crackberry!

How would you rate the 8703 vs the 8330? The only thing that would hold me back is not having the trackball? I wouldn't mind the side scroller, but how do you scroll sideways?
    11-24-08 05:46 PM
    The 8700 series are tougher phones in my opinion. The curve has expandable memory (micro SD card) and a camera. The 8700 doesnt have either. To scroll left and right you just keep rolling the wheel. If you dont care about having media on your phone or the camera get the 8700..you wont be disappointed
    11-24-08 07:20 PM
    Yep the 8703e is my current phone. Its very rugged and is thought of as a workhorse. You can't receive picture messages which stinks and there is no camera or expandable memory. Its a good starter blackberry, more so if the media functions don't really matter much to you. Once you get use to having a blackberry you could upgrade and get a better one ... if spending x amount of money up front isn't an issue though I would get the best model possible. With that in mind .... can't wait for later this month for my storm. :-)
    12-01-08 07:40 PM
    The 8703e feels solid and not as fragile as the Curve or Pearl. The keyboard is also a lot nicer to type on than the Curve. If you've never been "spoiled" by a trackball, I don't think you'll miss much with the scroll wheel.
    12-01-08 08:14 PM
    Also I've heard of more trackballs not working than scroll wheels.
    12-02-08 12:52 PM
    i personally have a curve with verizon, and a 8703e for work.

I prefer the curve mostly because of the thin-ness of it. When I reach into my pocket for my curve after using my 8703 all day at work, it feels like a toy, but I also appreciate how thin it is that much more.

the 8703 is definitely a more rugged device though. I'm in charge of about 600 of them at the moment. We're slowly moving to 8830s, and there's talk of going to the storm... but who knows.

bottom line, the 8703 is a solid device, through and through.
    12-04-08 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD