Hey all-

I just wanted to see if anyone at all has had any luck upgrading there 8703e from version 4.2 to version 4.5. I know the "official" OS is only 4.2, however I am sure the upgrade can be done. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing it? I have tried everything I could think off.
    1. tried to upgrade
    2. deleted old OS and used a BB 8330 version to load. It detected it but would not install.
    3. deleted old OS and used a BB 8700 version to load. It detected it but would not install.
    4. bricked my BB with the program that wipes it out completely (cant think of the name right now)
    5. downloaded BB Master Control and tried it through the java loader - no go either.

And many, many other things have been tried by me as well.

So far I seem to be stuck with this crappy OS.

I even sent Sprint an email to see if they would give me any info on the release off this OS for our phones.....See Below...... I am leaving everything in minus my private account info:

DEAR JESSICA ,

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING SPRINT. I WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR INQUIRY.

AFTER REVIEWING YOUR EMAIL, PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW TO YOUR WEB BROWSER. OS 4.5 CAN BE DOWNLOADED ON BLACKBERRY 8700 SERIES DEVICES.
    link removed----------------------cant post links yet-----------------

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE INCLUDE THEM WITH THE ABOVE INFORMATION.

THANK YOU FOR BEING A VALUED CUSTOMER OF SPRINT. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS.

SINCERELY,
    ED M.
    SPRINT

ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS:
    ------------------------
    CUSTOMER NAME: JESSICA
    SPRINT PCS PHONE NUMBER: 619-xxx-xxxx
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxx
    FORM: ASK A QUESTION-MANAGE
    TOPIC: TECH SUPPORT
    SUB TOPIC: DOWNLOADS
    ================================================== ===========
    ORIGINAL QUESTION: WHEN WILL OS 4.5 BE AVAILABLE FOR BB 8703E?
    QUESTION: WHEN WILL OS 4.5 BE AVAILABLE FOR BB 8703E? WHEN DO YOU THINK WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET THIS UPGRADE? I THINK WE ARE THE LAST GROUP TO GET AN UPGRADE. PLEASE ADVISE ON PLANNED TIME FRAME FOR THE NEW OS.

So they told me I could get it but then I sent them another email to let them know that the way I understood (and after many hours of working to make my BB a more upgraded and exciting phone) the product was not able to work and it was not yet for the 8703E. They called me and they had RIM on the line. She was an ***** too. Anyone???? Please let me know if u have upgraded it and it was successful.

Thanks all!

Jessica
    01-04-09 01:09 AM
    there is no 4.5 yet for the 8703 you wouldn't be able to load the 4.5 for any of the other devices that you listed above the os is device specific. and who knows when there will be a release for it if there is one
    01-04-09 01:37 AM
    i wish i could get 4.5 on my 8703 too
    02-07-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD