I have a 8703e with 4.2 OS.

I have service books,

The Browser has Internet phone as SMS and MMS( but cant download the pics)

I can install 3rd party apps BUT heres the issue!

ONLY the browser has Net access other apps cant connect! the Firewall in the phone will ask me to allow access but even after accepting it it still dont connect. am i missing a servicebook or something? other than this issue phone is great!
    12-20-09 09:44 AM
    Try Aerize WiFix

Aerize Mobile Site
    12-20-09 04:25 PM
    I have an alltel 8703e which i put onto my alltel plan (which verizon has kept for now, yay!). I have 1xrtt internet on the phone and google maps and opera mini works. (yes, I know it's vvvveeeerrrrryyyyyyyyyy slow, and I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!!! )

The phone doesn't have service books and verizon won't put them on it.

My question is how do I tether my laptop? Do I need apn settings? or use DM? or would the tether.com app work?

I see on this page this message:

Special note Verizon and AllTel subscribers
    Due to the unavailability of public accessible BlackBerry gateways by Verizon and Alltel you will need to seek a 3rd party BlackBerry provision provider. We have successfully tested MobileWeb4U.com service. For more information on how to apply for this service and pricing please visit MobileWeb4U - Home
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 04-23-10 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added more info and questions
    04-23-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD