Starting in April 2008, through VZW, I started a new 2-year contract with two devices: a Blackberry 8703e and an LG VX8700 phone. Being new to BB, I liked the larger, late model 8703e. I was and am hoping to do side work and keep the 8703e, which its voice plan, for side business. The LG phone has the camera and music features. I am fumbling between the two devices and I am paying for it with the double cost. Is it nuts to have 2 devices these days? Do you recommend I just get a new, smaller blackberry by cancelling my contracts, paying the cancellation fee and starting new? (No employer is paying for one device. It is all out of my wallet.) Please give me some advice.
    10-24-08 09:20 AM
    Well if you want pics video etc and the functionality of a BB then you prob should look at getting a new berry. Do you have kids or anyone you could give the second phone too?? I loved my 8700 but I finally retired her to my 9 year old boy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:55 PM
    Dude, 2 contracts for really no reason at all?? Imagine the guys at Verizon! "Hey joe, take a look at THIS guy! He's paying us twice!" "Yeah we really should send him a thank you card or something"

A newer BB has the ability to do pretty much anything you want. Even if you pay retail at this point (maybe $400?) and get the lowest plan that you can get (BIS $35 and 450 voice minutes for $40) You'd be saving money over the next year. I don't know what plans you have now, but I'm real curious to see how they add up against just buying a new phone and going solo devices.
    10-25-08 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the great input. I cancelled the LG phone contract and will likely sell that LG phone on ebay or whatever, as that is a desirable used phone. And I am sticking with the 8703e (and using it more fully). I appreciate the insight.
    10-30-08 08:44 PM
    I just got myself a used 8703e with verizon about a week ago. I use it as a phone for myself and for work, and I'm even more happy with it than I thought I would be. It works great, no complaints, it is definitely capable. Good choice on keeping it!
    11-05-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD