I've updated my OS to 4.5.0.148 and while I like it I also found several annoyances that other have reported:

1) Browser highlight indicator gets left behind while scrolling
    2) Battery Indicator problem
    3) BBMessenger seems to have lost most of my contacts

I also have opted to remove BBMaps which was previously installed because my GPS stopped working when I upgraded last year to 4.2.x

Now I want to try a newer version of BBMaps and get GPS working again. I go to the BBMaps download page, where you can either download it to your PC or download it through your BB Browser...but I have more problems:

1) Despite turning on Support Javascript, the BB Browser doesn't appear to do anything when I enter an email address and click Submit. It just sits there.
    2) When I try to download it through the PC, the browser tries to connect to the BB through Desktop manager, and the page reports that I have no BB connected to DM, even though it is, and DM recognizes it and communicates fine with it.

I could use DM to reload my "LBS" application" - I'm assuming this is BBMaps. It's there but it's v. 1.0.70 and I wanted a newer version.

Anybody have any idea?

Thanks,
    Choots
    12-23-09 08:52 PM
    Ok, I know my 8703e this is an older device, but I would've thought I'd get at least one response. I'll try again...

I can't seem to download an Updated version of Blackberry Maps to use GPS. I've had it working before some previous updates, and recently I updated to 4.5.0.148.

It can be downloaded two different ways - both of which fail for me:
    1) From the device:
    I can't seem to download it from the device. I have "Support Javascript" enabled, but the BB Browser doesn't do anything when I enter an email address and click Submit. It just sits there.

2) From the PC using Desktop Manager:
    When I try to download it through a PC with the device connected to Desktop Manager, the page reports that I have no BB connected to DM, even though DM recognizes it and communicates fine with it.

Can anyone provide any thoughts, answers or other suggestions?

Thanks
    01-08-10 11:00 AM
    I would try to find 4.5.0.165, its what I'm running on my 8703e. No problem with battery indicator. I've found that when the highlight gets left behind I hit the space bar and it comes back. Can't really help with the BB maps..tried it was not overly impressed so I switched to Google maps.The .165 update is stuck to the top of this thread.
    01-15-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD