Did anyone else have these issues? or am I just the lucky one?

I had 3 annoyances that I can think of:

1) the volumes do not change even when you are previewing the sounds in the profiles section.

2) I am also noticing some battery issues. The indicator shows about 90% and all of the sudden it was show the 'battery low' message and start beeping. I checked using ALT+CAP+H also and it was 90% but it still had the alarm and caused a drop in audio when using the phone everytime it chimed. I tried a battery pull but no difference.

3) When in phone mode while scrolling through your recent calls - in the past hitting the enter button would initiate the call but now it skips to the next entry. You can press talk to initiate a call too. Just had a couple of times where I had the phone to my ear and nothing was happening lol.

Liking the new OS but introducing very annoying issues.
    05-28-09 06:40 AM
    I agree there are issues cropping up with the new software. I have the same as you mentioned..Also my Jabra bluetooth doesn't seem to be working now!!

I hope someone has an answer for these problems!

Thanks!
    06-04-09 10:33 AM
    So is the 4.5 now available for 8703e. Im about to buy another one
    06-05-09 05:03 PM
    So is the 4.5 now available for 8703e. Im about to buy another one
    Yup, it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/os-4...-8703e-232541/

As noted in this thread and the one linked above, there seem to be some quirks with the OS.
    06-06-09 12:10 AM
    Don't waste your time, you won't be happy with it.
    06-06-09 03:23 PM
    I'm also noticing weird behavior with calendar entries. Total # entries seem to gradually go down thereby generating "deletes" on sync with outlook. I have tried resets of all kind (including service books etc) plus reinstalling various versions of desktop sw (4.3, 4.5, 4.7) but no change. I'm convinced now its not the desktop sw but the 4.5.0.148 system rel.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the old system sw?
    06-27-09 07:15 AM
    What's not to be happy about? I have a storm and the 8703e and with the upgrade in os the 8703e is virtually a curve model now minus the trackball and camera of course
    07-10-09 09:43 PM
    As for "brownhead" I have no volume issues. Had a similar battery issue in the sense that it showed full for a day and a half until I threw my car charger on it. I plugged it in two or three times consecutively and the meter works fine now. You can always check your status, look for your % of battery and match up with the battery icon. Mine is bang on. As far as the enter button on call log not dialing the number.....you are right. So just scroll and hit the call button. Not a huge issue really.
    07-10-09 09:50 PM
    I was able to rectify the battery meter issue but powering completely off and removing the battery for thirty seconds. Aside from that, I've had no problems.
    07-24-09 07:17 AM
    I'm also noticing weird behavior with calendar entries. Total # entries seem to gradually go down thereby generating "deletes" on sync with outlook. I have tried resets of all kind (including service books etc) plus reinstalling various versions of desktop sw (4.3, 4.5, 4.7) but no change. I'm convinced now its not the desktop sw but the 4.5.0.148 system rel.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the old system sw?
    it sounds like you have you calandar set to delete after so many days, try going to your calandar > press the trackwheel > select options > general setting > keep apointments and see what it is set to. Also you your outlook sync you can select it to sync only future dates so you wont get a delete from the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD