Hi all,

Obviously I'm new here, but not really new to the BB. I have a 8703e through work and have it for about 6 months. It was working up until I left work on Friday. I picked it up this morning and noticed that it stopped receiving e-mails as of 8:30pm on Saturday. I got to work and noticed that I should have received a ton more. I powered it off, then back on. Still wouldn't download all my e-mails. I powered it off, pulled the battery, put it back in, and now it won't power on at all. The red led blinks in patterns of 4. It'll blink 4 times, wait a few seconds, blink 4 times, repeat, etc. I put phone on the charger for a couple hours. Still won't power on. LED still blinking the same. I put the battery in an older BB and it powered up just fine. What's wrong with my 8703? Why can't I get it to power on? Please help!
    05-18-09 02:14 PM
    No water damage or physical damage to the BB? And you've left the battery out of the BB for several minutes before replacing it? What happens when you connect the BB to the computer via USB, can you back it up?

If there is no water or physical damage, you may have a damaged OS. I've dealt with several BBs at my organization that would constantly reboot or freeze on the white boot screen. I could always restore the device's OS using the helpful information on this webpage: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

BTW, did you go to OSU?
    05-18-09 05:09 PM
    There is no water or physical damage. Yes, I've left the battery out for over an hour. When I connect the BB to the PC with the USB, I get the same exact result; with battery in and with battery out.

I will review the link you provided and see what happens.

Although I did not go to OSU, I am a big Buckeyes fan.
    05-18-09 06:12 PM
    Oh, and when I connect the BB to the computer that has the manager software installed, it doesn't recognize that the BB is connected.
    05-18-09 06:16 PM
    You might need to try reed mcclay's how to revive a dead blackberry thread. You will find it in the how to forum section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 06:19 PM
    Although I did not go to OSU, I am a big Buckeyes fan.
    Ah, okay same here. I didn't attend OSU either, but my sister is a professor there and I attend a lot of the home football games with her since she has a season package.

You might need to try reed mcclay's how to revive a dead blackberry thread. You will find it in the how to forum section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Here is a link to pkcable's recommended thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/ More helpful stuff there for you OsuSully.
    05-18-09 07:31 PM
    If your following the instructions in the link D2G gave you, you may have to do step #2 a couple times until you time it just right. Or you can try Reeds way that Pkcable is talking about. Find that here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    05-18-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD