You wouldn't read about it, my 8700g fell out of my shirt pocket pocket into the dunny (unused). This is the third time this has happened to me in the last 5 years.
    When I fished it out the screen was black, but it was making a continuous buzzing noise. I've pulled it apart and placed it in a bag of rice for a couple of days�hopefully it'll restart. If it doesn't I'll probably get another 8700 as it does all that I need and I like the form factor.
    05-14-09 04:21 PM
    This happened to me once before. Not with my BB, but a Motorola Razr and not into a dunny but a sink. The first thing you want to do is remove the battery or any other form of electrical current. Then let it dry until it is completely dry, the rice, like you are using, is great for absorbing the water. Let it dry out for a few days. You severely decrease the chances of your BB ever working again if you turn it back on while still wet. In my case the Razr worked fine once completely dry, though the outside LCD screen never worked again. Good luck!
    05-14-09 04:53 PM
    Unfortunately it's dead, all that's working is the buzzer and an orange blinking led light.
    There weren't any 8700's available locally, so I bought an almost new 8310g, and am configuring it now. It feels small after the 8700 and very fragile, but I guess I'll get used to it.
    05-16-09 09:21 PM
    Well thats too bad, never any guarantees with water damaged electronics. Anyways, you now have a great new Curve.
    05-17-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD