I have just a couple of questions regarding my BB 8700c. So, I turn to the kind and learned folks here for my query.

1). How often should I clear my cache, history, etc?

2). Every couple of days, it will not connect to the internet, or run the map application, until I take the battery out and "reboot", as it were. Is this normal? I've read a post that someone had theirs on for months at a time w/o having to do this, without any problems. If this is normal, I don't mind, but maybe there is something I'm doing or not doing to help my berry connect without having to do this. My wife has a new 8130 Pearl and has had to remove her battery once in about 6 weeks. I mean, it makes sense to have to "unplug", but if I am missing something, I appreciate the info to point me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.

Dave G.
    (My Cubbies are still in 1st)
    05-18-08 06:14 PM
    I try to clear once a week - I just don't like having all those messages piled up on my device. Friends of mine clear theirs once a month - it is up to you!

As for the apps not working, I have not experienced that and have had mine for five weeks now.
    05-18-08 08:12 PM
    I had an 8700 and never experienced any issues with applications. Call your carrier!
    05-18-08 08:26 PM
    I clear the cache once a week or so.

To reset it, try pressing ALT CAP DELETE instead of removing your battery. A little faster that way. That usually fixes any "bug" mine seems to have, and I do it every couple of days just to prevent any issues. It only takes a second and can save a headache.
    05-29-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD