Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I finally got a bb and need some advice. First off I need to get this baby unlocked (any good sites recomended?). I intend to use it for a few months on t-mobile and then take it overseas with me to Afghanistan (I'm being deployed with my army national guard unit). Also, the only thing I got with 8700 was the handset itself and the charger (it was free, so I couldn't pass that up). So I need to get management software (for a mac), I'm guessing it is on the RIM site. Also, the OS needs to be updated, but I guess I need to actually wait until I have it up and running with tmobile before I do that. So any advice on where and how to start? Am I missing any big things? Thanks in advance.

Greg
    01-16-09 10:18 PM
    Start here to unlock your device.
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    or ask Sith Apprentice...search the boards you'll find him. As far as you mac youll need this PocketMac for BlackBerry - "Sync your Mac & BlackBerry device for Free..." | Call Toll Free 1-866-POCK-MAC
    Ask others in the mac thread about it. To my knowledge you will still need a windows pc to do the upgrade though.
    01-17-09 03:48 PM
    call at&t and tell them ur going overseas, and u wanna use the phone over there, so u will be needing an unlock key!. if they say no the first time, hang up call again , i got it on my second try , once u get the code , check the forums on how to use it
    01-22-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD