So i was recently watching reviews for the 8800 and the curve respectively, and i think that neither of these devices really fill the 8700's shoes thus far. for me:

8800- keys are crammed, hate the trackball and why not EDGE?
    8300- another silver phone, too feminine(no offense; MY opinion)again trackball.

Yeah they have all the bells and whistles that the new windows devices have, but I could care less about those features having come from a dash in the first place. Is it just me, or is anyone else still holding out on replacing their trusty 8700 for something better..i.e., a 9 series?( if it has a full, spaced out qwerty- and hopefully-but I doubt it- the return of the trackwheel) your thoughts remaining 8700 users.....
    09-13-07 11:57 PM
    Have you tried a trackball device? If not, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I was skeptical at first but after about 3 days I was hooked and will never go back to a trackwheel BB (I don't think you'll ever see one again anyway.) It is actually far superior to the trackwheel in every way (especially nagivating horizontally.) It does get a little lint in it once in a while but it's a quick simple fix to clean it out.

"8800-No EDGE?" The 8800 most definitely has EDGE.
    09-14-07 12:45 AM
    thanks for clarifying the "edge" thing, you would think that tmobile would put that in the description...anyway yes I have tried the trackball...my wife has a pearl...and still...eh; still seem like I'll squash it like a ping pong ball..anyway thanks for your insight. I guess I mainly just wanted to know how many fellow addicts are holding on to their 8700's and not upgrading to the curve or the 8800...
    09-19-07 07:28 AM
    i'm with you. the new things the 8800 and Curve offer arent enough to pull me away. the lady i'm currently seeing is going to get the curve on t-mobile next week, and i guess i'll have time to play with it when she gets it then, but from what i've seen of it so far, i just feel like the 8700 is the best for my current needs. the keyboard is perfect for me, and i just don't think i can handle going much smaller.
    09-19-07 10:07 AM
    I like the 83xx as well as the 88xx but I may wait for an BB that supports HSDPA. who knows if i can find a deal on one of them Ill jump to it
    09-19-07 11:00 AM
    I have a 8700g and I Love It but I wish it had a micro sd card slot to expand the memory of the unit.
    09-27-07 11:27 AM
    Not a fan of the trackball. I need that clicking feeling, not just a sounding click. I find it hard to navigate directly to where you want and I found it a little slow to be honest (my friend's with only 80 messages on it and no extra software).
    09-27-07 11:01 PM
    I was looking at the 8830 before I bought my 8703e, but I played around with a friend's Pearl and I just didn't like the trackball. I couldn't navigate where I wanted to without it going somewhere else. I love my trackwheel and 8703e. I am glad I got it instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mthomas1987; 09-27-07 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typo
    09-27-07 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD