Love my 8700g but the the side trackwheel has broken _ no longer depresses all the way so I can not scroll upward. Anybody know how to fix this or do I just go for another phone at this point? If so what do you suggest other then Storm - I am not ready for the touch screen yet as I am a heavy e-mail user.
    05-31-09 02:15 PM
    Its not something that is easy to do yourself because it has to be soldered on motherboard. Look into these two companies.HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center �
    BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices

Probably around 80 bucks though. Very well might be worth looking into getting a new device. Depending on how long you've been with Tmo you may get a discount on the 8900 or you can search the marketplace here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    I think there is an 8310 curve in there. If not look on ebay for an 8320 curve since its got wifi.
    05-31-09 03:49 PM
    Love my 8700g but the the side trackwheel has broken _ no longer depresses all the way so I can not scroll upward. Anybody know how to fix this or do I just go for another phone at this point? If so what do you suggest other then Storm - I am not ready for the touch screen yet as I am a heavy e-mail user.
    I'm sure there is a way you can fix it but I think it'll be more of a hassle to fix it than to get a new BB. I recommend google search to find a solution or watch some YouTube videos.

Since you're used to the 87xx, I recommend getting an 88xx because it has a bigger keyboard than the Curve's. Possibly wait for the 9630 Tour but if you don't need all those features the Tour offers, 88xx or 83xx in my opinion. Both are solid devices.
    06-05-09 10:30 AM
    How long have you used it ? So far I haven't heard of many trackwheel damage compared to trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 10:29 PM
    my trackwheel jammed i can still scroll i just cant click on anything
    10-14-09 07:54 PM
    its time to upgrade....
    10-14-09 08:04 PM
    If you are handy with soldering, you can get a new track wheel from ebay for about $10. Or you can get a fairly nice 8700 for about $70. Just put Blackberry 8700 in the search box and you'd be amazed at how much 'stuff' is out there for these. I just ordered a trackwheel, a new red housing, and an OEM holster for mine. All for about $30 or so. Have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD