No way.. Had an 8700c a year ago and really didn't like it.

The Bold is definitely way better.. Plus the 8900.. Heck I'd take a Storm before I went back to an 8700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 03:38 PM
    8703e is my first bb only had it couple weeks now. But, since I'm a truckdriver I needed something a little more rugged. I've already dropped it a couple times and it's still tickin. Don't know about all the functions so far but I'm enjoying learning them when I have time.
    04-27-09 06:23 PM
    Well, a couple of years ago my father was given an 8700g. By that time I was using a Nokia N-Gage QD (it was a cheap S60 phone). My father was totally messy with the BB ("this thing has too many buttons!") and then I was stolen my phone.

My father, knowing the BB had grew my curiosity, settled a deal "Buy me an easier phone and I'll give you this one". I went, bought a simple slide phone, without camera or anything, the simplest, and he gave me the 8700g.

Now, sometime later, I came to my parent's home, had a call and answered it, and my father noticed it was the same 8700g he gave to me. He asked "Is that Blackberry still working??" He was totally amazed.
    05-26-09 04:32 AM
    Dudes & Chics, Have you heard or watch the most strongest man on sport tv? the strongest man tried to break the 8700 in his hands in front of NATIONAL TV. guess what? he was stunned that can't break it as IMPOSSIBLE! therefore no one who can beat the 8700's quality built forever!

Anyway..mm..
    I just want to say, Hello, since I'm new. I have a 8703e. I just bought it a week ago off of Ebay since my motorola some how magically got water damage. Verizon phone insurance doesn't cover water damage which is horrible! So I went on ebay and got this phone. Everyone says it was a waste because no, my phone doesn't take pics and no my phone isn't a flip phone. But I only paid $18 for my phone..that's right $18. She is rough around the edges but has been factory checked and works perfect and I needed this kinda of phone anyways since I'm a nursing assistant/pre-med major/ diabetic. It helps me keep track of everything and I don't have to baby it and I love it! I'm sure my mom doesn't because if you have a BB you have to pay to have internet access on your phone whether you use it or not, but it helps me alot and I love it...now if only I could make it all pink on the outside...
    what? they refused to cover your phone? what if your phone had stolen, then they will cover it for you?? I just curious..
    05-26-09 11:21 AM
    Not had mine very long and only use it for the phone, no internet.
    Would not go back to the samsung.
    having trouble with desktop mgr though cant get it to talk to the BB. Want to sync with outlook but no luck.
    05-30-09 06:52 AM
    plz. can somebody tell me how to run the app world in my bb 8700. Gives a message saying that it is not supported for the devices with trackwheel. running os 4.5.
    01-02-10 07:41 PM
    the 8700 is a rock solid device, and I have owned several. that being said, the lack of app memory and a camera are two major drawbacks.
    01-02-10 07:56 PM
    I am currently a Bold user but still have my 8700 in a box just in case i need it. Super awesome phone that will probably outlast most newer phones
    01-06-10 01:30 AM
    It would be nice if they could make a phone with a trackpad for fine tune selecting and the good ol' trackwheel for general scrolling.

01-07-10 12:55 AM
    I still use my old 8700 to this day. Its probably the most reliable and durable phone ive ever had. I've thrown it off of a balcony its been dropped everywhere and its still good as new. One of the best investments I've ever made.
    01-08-10 12:47 AM
    My first BB was the Curve 8300. I sued that for about a year and then decided to get a 8700 just to try it out and really to have as a backup berry in case my curve some how got messed up. Also, something about the trackwheel on the side called my attention. I used the 8700 for some months and loved it. Ended up going back to the curve. But here I am again typing on my 8700 again :-) I don't know what it is, but I feel like the 8700 is the best blackberry out there. Its so rugged, and tough. I love it.

01-09-10 09:07 AM
    If my 8700g had wi-fi and a camera, I wouldn't want anything more. This baby is like a tank.
    01-12-10 09:35 AM
    BTW, it's the first device I actually took apart and fixed. Was scared to, but I replaced the lcd that had cracked. Up and running, the new lcd looks better than the old screen ever did, and I have the satisfaction of having done something myself.
    01-12-10 09:37 AM
    Hi, I just recieved my 8700c in the mail, and I was wondering if I can use any of the data functions like internet and email with just the generic data plan with AT&T. I have had the $20 unlimited data plan for a while now, and I don't want to have to uprade to the BB data plan. Do you know what I can do? Thanks.
    01-12-10 09:52 AM
    I do love my new 9700. This is my 5th bb. My first was the 8700 and that thing was a tank. It flew out of the window of my truck at 25mph, and still was fine.
    01-13-10 12:46 AM
    I�m a 8900 user, but my dad has a 8700.
    That�s the reason why I changed to bb!

The 8700 is great, it�s soooo sad, that it�s "time is over"...

I like that old fashon!

The newer ones are "too perfect!"
    01-22-10 12:52 PM
    Yes I have to say the 8700 was a great device.I think most people treat their bold with kid gloves because it had so much hype. I treat all my devices the same, shoving them in my pocket or opening a drawer and tossing them in it. They all seem to handle is well, but yes 8700 was a great device.
    01-23-10 04:33 AM
    I just picked this up today, its ruggedness surprised me alot. I work at an auto-shop and this is definetly my new work phone!
    01-29-10 03:37 PM
    I think this is the one my dad first had a few years back. This started his crackberry addicition. Then he got a curve and a bold. His bold is what really started MY addiction. But I'll never forget playing with the trackwheel on the side of the 8700. Because of that trackwheel, I got the htc mogul 6800 with sprint (don't judge me) lol.
    01-29-10 04:17 PM
    I do indeed loooove the 8700 series. I use a Bold 9700 and also an 8700g and find that im more at home with my 8700. Does anyone need an unlocked 9700 Bold? lol
    02-02-10 08:04 PM
    Funny you all say that I own a curve and I got a 8703 for. work yesterday and I can't put it down it just feels so. right. I love the wheel more than the track ball. I may end up buying opne from the store and putting away my curve.
    Last edited by seaboy; 05-30-10 at 04:46 AM.
    05-27-10 07:27 PM
    Every once in a while I keep thinking about selling my Storm 2 and Bold 9700 to buy a netbook instead and go back to the 8707v I bought for �20 of ebay to use while waiting for a replacement Storm. I love it, big spacious keyboard, excellent today vodafone theme that gives you all the info on main screen, and believe it or not it has more filefree memory then the curve, which is where all emails and attachments are stored after all.

06-14-10 04:23 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD