06-14-10 04:23 AM
72 123
tools
    I think 8700 was nearly perfect if it came with added memory card support, and without annoying file size limit (on the phone memory). But even it is what-it-is, it's still an excellent phone to have.
    03-10-09 04:49 AM
    Just got my first BB, a hand-me-down 8700r and I love the ol' girl. Nothing beats that keyboard.
    Do newer 'berry's have that awesome speaker for handsfree?
    03-10-09 09:45 AM
    i want one of these!
    03-10-09 07:39 PM
    i had an 8703e forever and loved it. but i have moved on to my storm and i love it more <3
    03-10-09 08:35 PM
    I just got mine from ebay today for 50 and am already loving it. I used a 8300 before and then upgraded to the new 8900 but I wanted to try out the older models so I got this 8700 and I must say its the perfect bb for me. I like the size of it as it fit perfectly in my hands and I don't have to worry about dropping it. I also like the screen size compared to the curves. This bb is brilliant!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:33 PM
    Agreed. Since having an 8703e, I've moved on to an 8830, and then a Storm. There are times I really do miss the 8703. That thing was such a workhorse and I hardly ever had a problem with it. But I'm a bit of "latest and greatest" junkie so I left it behind
    03-25-09 02:11 PM
    Agreed. Since having an 8703e, I've moved on to an 8830, and then a Storm. There are times I really do miss the 8703. That thing was such a workhorse and I hardly ever had a problem with it. But I'm a bit of "latest and greatest" junkie so I left it behind

I've never had a problem with mine either. I've had my 8700g for over two years and never, did I have a problem.
    03-25-09 08:12 PM
    I just want to say, Hello, since I'm new. I have a 8703e. I just bought it a week ago off of Ebay since my motorola some how magically got water damage. Verizon phone insurance doesn't cover water damage which is horrible! So I went on ebay and got this phone. Everyone says it was a waste because no, my phone doesn't take pics and no my phone isn't a flip phone. But I only paid $18 for my phone..that's right $18. She is rough around the edges but has been factory checked and works perfect and I needed this kinda of phone anyways since I'm a nursing assistant/pre-med major/ diabetic. It helps me keep track of everything and I don't have to baby it and I love it! I'm sure my mom doesn't because if you have a BB you have to pay to have internet access on your phone whether you use it or not, but it helps me alot and I love it...now if only I could make it all pink on the outside...
    03-26-09 08:33 AM
    The 87xx devices are great devices in my opinion. Workhorses. Check this link out for a pink case. Hot Pink Shield Protector Case w/ Belt Clip for RIM Blackberry 8703e
    03-26-09 09:06 AM
    One of the best devices I ever had, right next to the 7290
    03-27-09 12:05 AM
    Previously I've used BB8700c,its a great phone,no doubt

Particularly the keypad,which is the best among all bbs including recent ones,

But.........when it comes to plenty of mails and attachments,you have really problem with 8700c,where u need to delete old mails to accomodate newer ones,...more memory conscious!

Still, a great blacberry device---8700c unforgettable!
    03-30-09 02:53 AM
    Hi all,
    Watching this post with interest. I bought my wife a Curve, and got jealous of the email capability. I then bought a Pearl, a silicone wrap, new holster, etc, and it now turns itself off the network about every 12 seconds. And, I am not a big fan of that double tap keyboard.
    I use email, phone, SMS, and BB messenger, and have a sprint data plan. I also use it as a modem for my laptop, and really need this feature. I like what I am reading about this series being more durable, I teach water rescue and am a firefighter, so while it is not living a tough life, it isn't sitting on velvet either.
    Can I use the 8700 as a modem? Will the Pearl AC charger work with it? I also use a Google calender to sync, but not much.
    Appreciate the info, and really like the prices used. Is a certain letter series better than others? Say, a C over an E, or etc?
    Thanks, this Pearl is driving me insane, cant wait to switch.
    Digger
    03-30-09 02:16 PM
    Oh yeah, I run about 125 contacts, and delete almost every message nightly. thanks!
    03-30-09 02:17 PM
    Hi all,
    Watching this post with interest. I bought my wife a Curve, and got jealous of the email capability. I then bought a Pearl, a silicone wrap, new holster, etc, and it now turns itself off the network about every 12 seconds. And, I am not a big fan of that double tap keyboard.
    I use email, phone, SMS, and BB messenger, and have a sprint data plan. I also use it as a modem for my laptop, and really need this feature. I like what I am reading about this series being more durable, I teach water rescue and am a firefighter, so while it is not living a tough life, it isn't sitting on velvet either.
    Can I use the 8700 as a modem? Will the Pearl AC charger work with it? I also use a Google calender to sync, but not much.
    Appreciate the info, and really like the prices used. Is a certain letter series better than others? Say, a C over an E, or etc?
    Thanks, this Pearl is driving me insane, cant wait to switch.
    Digger

I cant answer all of your questions, but I do use Google calendar to sync, so you should be able to do the same. And, when they say its more durable its true. I have had mine for over two years and dropped it so many times, too many to count, and it works as it did the first day I bought it.
    03-30-09 04:25 PM
    Digger, sorry I just saw this. Yes to all your questions. You will be looking for an 8703e for sprint. The pearl charger will work also.
    03-30-09 06:17 PM
    PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT-For all the times I want to take this thing diving with me and end it's life, people come across someone who can help, and are willing to put up with semi-smart dolts like me. Thanks a billion to Rob (rlp) for the help via PMs. I owe you one!
    03-30-09 06:55 PM
    It may be personally better, but to call it better seems kind of exaggerated. I think both phones have their own pros and cons, but the bold definitely outweighs the 8700.
    03-30-09 09:40 PM
    Yeah, do a toughness test between the two, I bet it'd be the 8700 by a mile. Without a doubt!
    04-15-09 11:57 PM
    Honestly, my 8700R is my first BlackBerry, will be my last BlackBerry. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Though I only use it for calls and sms. Which is fine because I don't own a small business or anything, etc. My friends have the 8130, 8900 and 9000. All which I don't like..something about the trackball irritates the **** out of me. I'll stick the the thumb-op trackwheel, thank you very much! To the 8700, the most rugged and most reliable BlackBerry of all time.
    04-16-09 12:06 AM
    8700g was my first BB. i love the trackwheel. ive had 3 other BBs since, but theres a sentimental feeling i have for that device. great device, sturdy and tough, great look, perfect size
    04-18-09 02:07 PM
    totally agree.
    04-21-09 07:32 AM
    My dad has the curve and it looks so much more fragile and it always has fingerprints on it. I find the trachwheel is a lot better then the ball too. The only thing that could be better would be an mp3 player.
    04-22-09 11:03 AM
    I love my 8700 too. I think its the best bb ever. Very stable and rugged

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:26 PM
    I do miss my 8700 as well, it did have a GREAT build quality
    04-22-09 06:09 PM
    Hi all!
    I don't have any idea! I had one this month, it's too short for me to "play" it.
    04-25-09 03:32 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD