06-14-10 04:23 AM
72 123
tools
    Well, I had the curve for months and also had the Bold for about 29 days before returning it. I finally went back to the good ol' 8703 and couldn't be happier. I don't know for sure what if its about this phone but I like everything about it, even the trackwheel. This phone just "feels" perfect in my hands and it really a rugged phone. I don't have to treat it with kid gloves like I was doing with the bold. I know everyone keeps saying the 8700 is "old school" but hey, I happen to love it. To me, it remains the best blackberry of them all.
    01-21-09 05:34 AM
    8700 was a great phone, I do agree, but i havent used it in so long, so I can't really give a head to head comparasion to the bold, curve or storm.
    01-21-09 06:58 AM
    I am new to the whole Blackberry thing, and I bought an 8703e from EBay.. and aside from the call quality being spotty at times, I love it. My friend has a Curve and he loves it. I don't know anyone with a Blackberry that isn't addicted to some degree. My wife isn't a technology fan really, and she loves hers as well. I think it doesn't really matter which Blackberry you get -- they are all a step up from most phones.
    01-21-09 06:18 PM
    Well, I had the curve for months and also had the Bold for about 29 days before returning it. I finally went back to the good ol' 8703 and couldn't be happier. I don't know for sure what if its about this phone but I like everything about it, even the trackwheel. This phone just "feels" perfect in my hands and it really a rugged phone. I don't have to treat it with kid gloves like I was doing with the bold. I know everyone keeps saying the 8700 is "old school" but hey, I happen to love it. To me, it remains the best blackberry of them all.
    I also used a Curve temporarily, then tried an 8820 too, but now I'm back to the 8700 by choice. I prefer the track wheel, and don't feel as if I have to "baby" my phone. As I don't use a BB for multimedia, I don't need (or want) youtube player, mp3 player, etc. Just a rugged workhorse that does all I need: Internet & email on a very stable platform. And I prefer the 8700g's keyboard over the Curve's too.

I dropped it this morning, yet it's still fine, working great, and since it's a "cheap old phone," no worries!
    01-22-09 08:41 AM
    I ordered one on ebay today for 100 bucks. Its supposedly new and unlocked, we'll see when it actually arrives, but i do believe its brand new. I had a curve from tmobile, but then i left em and gave the phone to my mom. She likes it and apparantly has become an addict, lol. I went to verizon got the storm, loved it for a day then gave it back 3 days later. Then i went for the 8830WE and loved it. I returned it because i couldnt justify paying almost 80 dollars for no minutes and so-so service. So i decided to go back to tmobile but decided to not have all the distraction of a camera and built in mp3, i dont really use them, well except for the mp3, i really liked having my music. But in these times i need a cheap data plan and a solid phone, so i bought the 8700g new on ebay and will be running bak to tmobile for a great voice and data plan that will be just over 50 bucks + employee discount, cant beat that. From what i've hear the 8700g is a great blackberry that has survived and seems it may even outlive the storm, lol. Any thought??????
    01-23-09 08:23 PM
    I ordered one on ebay today for 100 bucks. Its supposedly new and unlocked, we'll see when it actually arrives, but i do believe its brand new. I had a curve from tmobile, but then i left em and gave the phone to my mom. She likes it and apparantly has become an addict, lol. I went to verizon got the storm, loved it for a day then gave it back 3 days later. Then i went for the 8830WE and loved it. I returned it because i couldnt justify paying almost 80 dollars for no minutes and so-so service. So i decided to go back to tmobile but decided to not have all the distraction of a camera and built in mp3, i dont really use them, well except for the mp3, i really liked having my music. But in these times i need a cheap data plan and a solid phone, so i bought the 8700g new on ebay and will be running bak to tmobile for a great voice and data plan that will be just over 50 bucks + employee discount, cant beat that. From what i've hear the 8700g is a great blackberry that has survived and seems it may even outlive the storm, lol. Any thought??????
    That was a pretty well thought out first post . I agree with you about the 8700g. I have the 8700c basically the same thing and it is so solid. I would like to try out a bold or a curve but I would end up being too obsessed with keeping it clean and maintained. The 8700c is perfect it does it's job very well. It's a shame that At&t discontinued it though
    01-23-09 08:54 PM
    I love my 8700 so much! I love the trackwheel over the ball. Although i would like some of the advanced features (most notably the GPS) My 50 dollar 8700 is rugged and isnt too big for people to go 'how old is your phone' lol
    01-24-09 12:19 AM
    I also like the trackwheel, though a trackball under the thumb would be even better. I don't want plain buttons.

I don't know what the British ministry of defense use today, but it used to be a choice between 8700/8707.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 06:25 AM
    I still have one as back up, and I love 8700 as always.. however I am still using curve for media - video clip and watch movie clips. Reason I using curve, So I can view video clip with sign language via email. Due I am deaf..
    01-24-09 10:55 PM
    I made it 60 dollors

china

thx
    01-25-09 11:43 AM
    I just got my 8700c free from a relative, and I love it!! Much better than my old Razr, which I have permanantly abandoned.
    01-25-09 04:35 PM
    New to my BB as well. I have had mine now abt 2 weeks. It is an 8700c which I got off of Ebay for $40, including S&H priority mail.

Things I like;
    Very sturdy. Well built.
    Fairly light weight for the size.
    Easy on the eyes when using.
    Easy to use. The more I "play" with it, the more I like it and more things I find it will do.
    Very versatile and easy to use apps. that come with it.
    I also like the address book feature that allows so many different phone number options as well as all the other info.
    I am still getting use to the calendar and appointments app.
    No phone.

Things I don't like:
    Only one alarm function. My old phone, Samsung A707 Sync, had unlimited number of alarms you could program. I had like 18 different ones that I used.

I kinda miss the camera, but since my old Samsung had it, I used it. What I have found is that most cell phone cameras are not that great. So I bought a Kodak digital and just have it handy.

So, for only $40, I feel I got a very good deal. Will I upgrade, possibly, but not in the near future.

Bill
    01-31-09 07:31 PM
    8700 has always been and will alway be the best for me
    02-07-09 07:17 AM
    I am also a fan of the 8700 although I am going to check out the Bold once it comes to Verizon. I tried an 8130 but did not like the suretype and smaller screen.
    02-07-09 07:49 AM
    8700 is my favorite BB out right now that is available to me (verizon) im waiting for the bold to come out but i still may stick with my 8703
    02-07-09 08:36 AM
    Funny you all say that I own a curve and I got a 8703 for. work yesterday and I can't put it down it just feels so. right. I love the wheel more than the track ball. I may end up buying opne from the store and putting away my curve.

02-10-09 05:22 AM
    And on top of that its easier on the fingers.

02-11-09 09:04 AM
    As a lefty, I always took issue with the 8700-series trackwheel being on the right side of the device...

02-17-09 12:16 PM
    My 8700 always treats me right!!!
    02-17-09 03:04 PM
    My 8700 always treats me right!!!!
    02-17-09 03:05 PM
    Shhhh don't tell the bold forum, but I have a bold my wife a 8700 I prefer the look of hers and the feel. Bold functions kill the 8700 though
    Sean

02-18-09 10:50 PM
    Just got an 8703e at work, and so far I'm loving it. It's easy to type with, the screen is nice a bright, and it has all the features I need.

I suppose some people need things such as an mp3 player and digital camera, but imo, there are devices that handle those tasks much better and I'd rather just bring those along when I think I may need them.

I'm sure there is still a ton I will learn about the device as I've only had it for a few days... but so far I can't put it down.
    03-03-09 09:11 PM
    That was a pretty well thought out first post . I agree with you about the 8700g. I have the 8700c basically the same thing and it is so solid. I would like to try out a bold or a curve but I would end up being too obsessed with keeping it clean and maintained. The 8700c is perfect it does it's job very well. It's a shame that At&t discontinued it though
    I got a Curve a year ago. Have an 8700c. Thats what I used for a long time. I just refurbed it and packed it away for back up. Thing looks brand new. I know I have a good back up...just in case. Guess I could sell it but...na screw it I am keepin it!
    03-04-09 08:12 AM
    I still miss my 8700c! That thing was a tank, someone posted a picture the other day of one that got run over by a car, yes it WAS damaged, but the thing DID still power on and did still work.

EDIT: I found the thread, it has some interesting picture too......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...ry-tank-172798
    Last edited by pkcable; 03-04-09 at 09:06 AM.
    03-04-09 08:58 AM
    I like my 8700v.it's perfect!

03-07-09 03:58 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD