I'm on business travel and just realized that none of my emails have been delivered to my BB 7130e today. I use Outlook 2003 and when I logged onto my PC in the hotel room, there was a pile of emails in my Outlook mailbox, but nothing ever showed up on my BB. I don't use an enterprise environment -- it's just my single PC.

I don't recall doing anything to my BB other than changing it from vibrate to loud this morning. At one point I accidentally locked the keyboard, but then I unlocked it. The telephone service is working fine. Just no email service.

In Profiles, I'm currently set at Loud. Also, at the bottom of the screen it says "Use Active Profile Except for Important Calls" with a check mark next to "Important Calls." I don't remember setting this, and I don't have my user manual with me to find out what this means. Is this why I'm not getting my email?
    08-07-07 04:30 PM
    OK, I just remembered that several days ago my email account provider (Web.com) switched servers or something and I had to modify the settings for POP3 email (incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, etc.). Is there a connection between this event and no email going to my BB? Do I need to update something in my BB device?
    08-07-07 04:36 PM
    If your email provider changed servers, and the pop3 details changed, then yes, you'd need to point to the new location...

So log into Verizon BIS, and amend accordingly. But, you'd need to check with your email provider for the pop3 details first...
    08-07-07 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD