Trying to use Roxio Media Manager to upload ringtones and wallpapers to my 7130e. I have imported the ringtones into Media Manager the MP3's show as songs. When I go into split view it tells me that there is no device connected. Looks like Media Manager only supports BB with media card support. Is there other software or a workaround to get ringtones on this phone? I don't have a data plan as I only use the phone as a phone...

Any help appreciated...
    03-13-09 09:54 AM
    So wait, I'm confused.

The songs show up at .mp3's in the Songs in Media on the phone or in Media Manager?

As far as I know you do not need to have a media card to use media manager, I've used it without a media card before just fine, the file has to be under a certain size, but that's about it.

Could you explain this a little more? I need more info to help you out. I guess if you can't get media manager to work you can try using Bluetooth.
    03-13-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the response.

I've got the ringtones which I downloaded from crack berry saved to my hard drive. I dragged those into the Media manager where they show up as songs rather then ringtones in My Media Library. I click on manage music and under music are all the ring tones. I try to place them in the ringtones folder but no go. I click on split view (in MM) where my BB should be listed but it is not. It states that There is no device connected. My guess is that even though my BB is connected it is not recognized by Media Manager? It looks to me that in order to DL the ring tone I would need to see my BB connected and then Copy Down the ring tone to the BB. I don't have Blue tooth at this point so hoping to be able to DL thru MM. Let me know if you need more info...
    03-13-09 12:45 PM
    You can still use them as ringtones if they're in the music folder (I think you can, I'm not unsure of the 7130's ability to play mp3's).

You should be able to click the trackwheel on a song and go to set as ringtone
    03-13-09 03:38 PM
    I haven't been able to get the ringtones from my computer to my BB.
    03-13-09 04:20 PM
    Has anyone been able to upload ringtones from this site to their 7130e? I do not have data services but have been able to connet to media manager. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the ringtones onto my 7130e
    03-19-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD