Hi everyone!

Well, this is my 1st major error with my 'Berry. I went into explorer, to the blackberry homepage, and saw that Yahoo! Messenger has a new version, 2.0, so I uninstalled the old, downloaded the new version, and rebooted.

Security checks passed, logged into my phone, and immediately got this error message after logging in:

Uncaught Exception
    java.lang.error

Plus I didn't get an icon for messenger.

Ok, so I uninstalled it, rebooted (got the error message again), re-installed, and this time it didn't ask for the reboot. I check for the icon and it's still not there. Pulled the battery, and same error appears after logging into the phone. WTF??? Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance.
    10-24-07 06:44 PM
    I did EVERYTHING the same as you last night... and have the SAME exact issue. I've been searching high and low for some IT help or answers, but haven't had any luck yet... please help us! Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. All I did was try to install the newer Yahoo messenger (never had an issue with the old one) and everything Lonnie described above happened to me, too. Thanks in advance!
    10-31-07 11:55 AM
    Same problem here, tried to re-install and came up with the same problem, no yahoo icon.
    10-31-07 04:31 PM
    Hi guys:

Had same error when installing other program and the software tech support recommended to set the permission as follow:

Option -> Advance Option -> Application -> (Application that you have just installed) -> (Menu Button) -> Edit Permission -> Check (Set) Allow All (Check All) -> (Menu Button) -> Save -> Reset Device (Remove Battery & Restart) -> Now start the program

It worked on mine, hope it fix yours too. Good luck!
    10-31-07 05:02 PM
    I have been having the same problem. Not sure when it happened or started but I just changed the default permissions to Allow All. Rebooting now so we'll see how it works.
    10-31-07 05:18 PM
    Just tried that but still have no yahoo icon?!?!
    10-31-07 05:28 PM
    FIgured it out, after deleting the application you have to hit,menu, modules, then fine the yahoo messenger module and delete that too. It prompts you to reboot, allow it and then re-install yahoo, then all should be fine. I've just done it and it works fine now.

Hope this helps, I'm only a newbie.
    10-31-07 05:45 PM
    Hi arghjae,
    I upgraded my YMessenger like everyone else did and am a newbie.
    Could you help by outlining step by step what you actually did when you wrote "you have to hit,menu, modules, then find the yahoo messenger module and delete that too. ".

Thanks.
    CP.
    11-01-07 09:12 AM
    I got it.

What you mean is :
    1. After deleting the application, you will be asked to reboot. Allow that to happen.
    2. After rebooting, go back to Options, advanced options, applications, menu (click thumb roller), Modules.
    3. Scroll right down to the bottom of the modules list, and you should be able to see a net_rim_yahoo_messenger module. Delete that.
    4. You will be asked to reboot. Allow it.
    5. Re-install Yahoo Messenger again.

You should be able to use YM now.
    cheers.
    11-01-07 09:49 AM
    Removing the module worked! Uhh. I hated getting that error all the time! Thanks! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-07 12:25 PM
    This @$#$@#$ message was annoying the **** outta me. A quick search led me to this thread and voila - my mind is at peace and I have my BB back!!!! Thank you to all here and CB!
    11-01-07 08:27 PM
    Hey guys, thanks for the info about the new Yahoo messenger for blackberry . I have an extra question/request...can any one post a link to the service book for the new Yahoo messenger? the old service book is no good for the new version ...
    The thing is, Yahoo messenger is supported by T-mobile but not by AT&T, so the service book has to be installed manually through the Backup/Restore option with us AT&T users...any help?

Thanks
    11-04-07 02:30 PM
    Disregard my request...here it is..enjoy

P.S.: it's not mine...this is just a link from another dude...called: Ophidian, so please give him credit...I'm just a messenger..

blackberryforums.com/attachments/blackberry-network/9576-using-rim-s-yahoo-messenger-client-cingular-wireless-blackberry-handsets-rim-blackberry-im-client-service-books.zip
    just add www to the previous to make it work...

You have to have an account with blackberryforums to download the file.
    Enjoy..
    11-04-07 03:32 PM
    Quick question, I'min the right location but how do you delete the module. I don't see the option for it. Thanks in advance.
    11-05-07 05:51 PM
    CRACKBERRY I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!! YOU ARE GENIUSES!!!! i hated seeing that message come up on my sreen. Thanks again!!!!
    11-16-07 10:43 PM
    I have a BB Curve and I can see this yahoo module. However when I click on menu to delete it, there's no option to delete the module. Do you know why?I removed Yahoo messenger from my BB already.

Thanks
    11-29-07 01:01 AM
    I am getting this error message only w/ Opera Mini. I have tried editing the permissions as suggested in an earlier post, but I am still getting it. I can use it for a little bit and then sure enough, the message pops up and kicks me off. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make Opera Mini work for more than just a few clicks? Thanks.
    12-01-07 05:09 PM
    Hi,

I follow the instruction who to delete the modules but there no option to delete the module for yahoo.

Can someone can help us?

Thanks in advance
    12-14-07 11:58 PM
    I have the Blackberry curve from T-Mobile, and I called customer care. They directed me to the website to do a download, and everything is works perfect now! No more java errors, and yahoo is working finally!
    12-20-07 09:23 AM
    do you remember what the download address was for the fix?
    I could really use it too!

Thanks,
    james
    12-27-07 03:04 PM
    I have a BB Curve and I can see this yahoo module. However when I click on menu to delete it, there's no option to delete the module. Do you know why?I removed Yahoo messenger from my BB already.

Thanks
    I have the same problem. Can someone please help?
    01-24-08 06:09 AM
    Same problem here I see the module but I don't have the option to DELETE
    I have the Curve 8320.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!
    02-12-08 10:18 PM
    8320 Users. You CANNOT delete the modules. I don't care what the techs tell you.

If you are a t-mobile customer (If you're not a t-mobile customer... keep reading), don't waste time on tech support. They can't help you either.

go to t-mobile.com/bbupgrade. This requires you to enter a valid phone number. Download the software for your phone. (ignore the stuff about version info. My version numbers matched, but this still worked.)
    Its about 82MB. The installation package has a complete version of Yahoo, AIM and other stuff that wouldn't install on my BB.

If you are not a t-mobile customer, call RIM at (877)255-2377. They can lead you to your providers hidden location.

I hope this helps!
    03-25-08 09:45 PM
    Will the new Yahoo IM work w/o a data plan but with wifi? I'm on Tmo and I have wifi. Thanks.

03-25-08 10:29 PM
    Does anybody has an answer to my question above? Thanks.

03-26-08 03:28 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD