So recently, I've been getting into collecting old hardware, and one of my finds at a thrift store was a Nextel 7100i for $2. After replacing its battery, it'll turn on, but I get the "no OS" error screen and code. As such, I have two main questions:

1. Does anyone have an OS file for this model of Blackberry, as well as instructions on how to install it onto the phone?
    2. I understand that there's no way it'll work on today's networks, but can it still do anything useful, or should I go ahead and consign it to our local electronics recycling bin?
    01-06-20 08:23 PM
    So recently, I've been getting into collecting old hardware, and one of my finds at a thrift store was a Nextel 7100i for $2. After replacing its battery, it'll turn on, but I get the "no OS" error screen and code. As such, I have two main questions:

1. Does anyone have an OS file for this model of Blackberry, as well as instructions on how to install it onto the phone?
    2. I understand that there's no way it'll work on today's networks, but can it still do anything useful, or should I go ahead and consign it to our local electronics recycling bin?
    I have one of those too. It was my first BlackBerry.

You'll find software here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E607FE7CC0E1A0
    01-06-20 08:58 PM