Hi All,

I just sold my Blackberry 7100i on EBAY(I love my new Blackberry Curve) and I can't figure out how to clear out the phone and restore it to factory settings. Haven't used the phone in a while and I've forgotten some stuff as to how it works. Also, will that clear out the SIM card info as well? Any info on how to get it ready to give to someone else would be very helpful,

Thanks!
    09-02-08 09:25 PM
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld will remove all your personally identifiable information. I doubt it will touch the SIM card, but I don't know, since my phone doesn't use one. You could always remove the SIM before selling it.
    09-02-08 09:59 PM
    You have to clear the SIM out by hand. I bought mine off eBay and then had to buy a new SIM off eBay also. The phone I got was wiped, but the SIM I got was not. I had to go through and delete all the numbers off the SIM by hand.
    10-09-08 08:22 AM
    If I were to do the wipe to clean out the calender entries of my 7100. Would this affect any of the software or would it only wipe out the data that has been entered into the phone?
    10-31-08 03:43 PM
    it's been a while since I've had to wipe my phone, and I can't remember if it affects 3rd party apps. It won't affect your OS. The safest way to clear your calendar is to clear the calendar database, either on the device or by using Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 10:06 PM
    I've got a similar situation with a 7290 I want to get rid of. All the email mailboxes remain on the home screen even with the sim removed. Any ideas how I can get rid of these? Contract's finished.
    11-04-08 07:13 AM
    if you want to get rid of those old email folders goto options>andvanced options>service book and pick out the emails that go with those folders and delete them do a hard reset and you should see them go away forever!
    11-07-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD