Hey

I have a BB 7100r and for some reason when placing or recieving calls only the speakerphone works. If the phone is not on speaker phone mode then both partys only hears static????

I dont have a bluetooth headset and that option is disabled on the phone, I thaught that would have somthing to do with it but apperently not???

Any suggestions on how to have a normal phone conversation without speakerphone?
    05-27-07 04:54 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?
    05-27-07 05:30 PM
    yes...a hard reset and a soft reset as well
    05-27-07 05:38 PM
    You can possibly try loading a new operating system on the device, but it almost sounds more like a device malfunction. It might be time for an upgrade.
    05-27-07 05:51 PM
    you may have a device malfunction..... try a master reset this will reset the radio, and programming
    06-01-07 10:26 AM
    Didn want to start a new thread. My friend has an 8900. It dropped. She says only the speaker phone works now. the handset it self does not work. I'm guessing she means she does not hear anyone unless they on speakerphone.

I know with the bold, I could of just replaced the speaker part. is it the same for the 8900?
    05-19-10 12:54 PM
    I just got a used 7100i off ebay and I have the same problem. When calling someone else, they can hear me just fine, but I can only hear them if I activate the speakerphone. Curiously, if they call me, the blackberry does ring (not sure if that means the earpiece is ok or not...).

Tried pulling the battery, not sure how to do the master reset spoken of above, any ideas?
    06-07-10 12:12 PM
    Clean out the headset/speakerphone jack. It may think there's something plugged in there even when there isn't -- this can cut off the built-in audio/mic functions.
    04-22-11 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD