Hello and greetings to all of you,
    I just bought an old model blackberry(7100 g unlocked) thru e-bay and playing with it for the last couple of days.I am with at&t wireless and have a media net package which works fine on my other motorola razor.I put my card in this blackberry and changed the APN as mentioned in this site and I am not able to get internet yet.My phone works fine.I installed opera mini3,opera mini 4 and also tried a browser called minuet browser without any luck.Here is my settings.Settings/options/tcp/APN
    APN: wap.cingular
    user name :WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password :CINGULAR1

I also tried isp.cingular
    ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    CINGULAR1
    and also tried ' proxy" at the apn.

I had battery pulled and reboot after every try.I read lot of posts in this site and still unable to connect to the internet.I request your help to try to solve this problem and thanks to all of you.
    04-24-08 03:58 PM
    BlackBerries have a different data plan than a regular cell phone. There's a special BlackBerry data plan you'll have to get instead to be able to access the internet through RIM's servers.
    04-24-08 04:09 PM
    I am trying to get the internet with a generic data plan without going thru the blackberry sever.Is it possible?Thanks
    04-24-08 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD