I bought a bb 7100 off ebay. My first bb . I am on the att network, and tried to register it on att.blackberry.net, but it told me that the pin was registered on the network already. I called att support, and they told me that the phone had recently been registered on t-mobile and that i needed to contact them. T-mobile told me that since it wasn't MY account, I had to contact the previous owner and have him call him. I cannot find the previous owner on ebay with no luck. I tried to have RIM support help me out, but they said it had to be reset on the T-mobile network with them. I have everything on my phone except email, which is the reason I bought the bb. Is there anything that I can do, other than buy an new blackberry?
    03-22-08 10:10 AM
    i didnt have all that trouble, verizon just erased what information was there, and then i was able to sign up, try to call tmobile again and sweet talk them into letting you do it instead of the other guy, tell them you have the valid proof of purchase and all
    03-22-08 10:35 AM
    If you ever get out of this fix, never buy anything on line just because it's cheap or a good deal. Buy it directly from the carrier. One, you know you'll have a brand new phone and 2, you will not have any of those problems. Going the cheap route isn't never really good unless you're buying meat. Even then you have to be careful!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 10:41 AM
    Theres pretty much nothing you can do until T-mobile releases the PIN from there network. I'd contact ebay and file a complaint about the seller. This happens quite often with BB sold on ebay.
    03-25-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD