Hello all,

I am new to crackberry, this is my first thread.

My problem is there is no option to compose mms or sms. I have a unlimited texting plan on my line.

I do not have a data plan (i dont need it yet)
    what can I do?
    11-18-08 04:14 PM
    Firstly have you tried resending your service books.?

You may also want to check with your carrier to see whether MMS is supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 04:17 PM
    Firstly have you tried resending your service books.?

You may also want to check with your carrier to see whether MMS is supported.

Yes I had the service books resent, I have the "MMS Client service book

I use Nextel as my service provider, I had "compose MMS" option before, What happened is I took out my SIM then re-inserted it and I had my messaging option not available also with Internet and GPS.

I dont care for Internet or GPS but is there anything I can do for text messaging?
    11-18-08 04:26 PM
    You could try registering via host routing ,

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now.

Let us know if that solves things

11-18-08 04:30 PM

I just did that, it didn't work
    11-18-08 04:37 PM
    Mmm, I have to admit I'm not really sure. It might be worth giving Nextel a call. Perhaps others may have some further suggestions.

11-18-08 04:40 PM
    Mmm, I have to admit I'm not really sure. It might be worth giving Nextel a call. Perhaps others may have some further suggestions.

Ok thank you for your attempt

Ill try to call Nextel. If anybody has any suggestions as to how to fix this please let yourself be heard.
    11-18-08 04:51 PM
    I'm having the same issues and I'm new to the Blackberry 7100i. I switched from an i880 and currently only able to use the phone and DC. I have an unlimited Text Plan and the Blackberry E-mail and Web Pack added but can't send/receive texts, access the web or e-mail. I already talked to Nextel and I'm waiting for a tech to call back since they seem to think it's some kind of provisioning problem. I tried registering via host routing with no luck, also when I look in the Service Books, it's empty.
    11-19-08 05:14 AM
    that bkb was never ment for txting, mms was added at a later time YOU MUST HAVE A DATA PLAN TO USE IT, if you do not have a data plan you may not get the service books for it.

unfortinantly thats how that particular bkb works you need the data plan AND the messaging plan in order to txt with that model also the 7520
    12-05-08 11:53 AM
    that bkb was never ment for txting, mms was added at a later time YOU MUST HAVE A DATA PLAN TO USE IT, if you do not have a data plan you may not get the service books for it.

unfortinantly thats how that particular bkb works you need the data plan AND the messaging plan in order to txt with that model also the 7520
    I have both on my plan, Unlimited Text Messaging and the Blackberry Unlimited E-mail & Web Plan. I finally got part of my problem fixed but now when I send the Service Books to my BB, nothing is recieved.
    12-05-08 11:59 AM
    After being on the phone for almost an hour with Blackberry support my Blackberry is finally up and running.
    12-06-08 04:25 PM
    Hi I am a Nextel wws/data & tech support agent for Nextel and for the most part if you have probs with your text and data services, and the battery pull, register now and master radio reset don't fix it, call in, there's either a service outage,(or the sim/pin is incorrect in the system, or the system codes don't support your blackberry, which happens if you take your sim from a non blackberry phone and put it in your blackberry without calling to swap.) or we may need to refresh devices to get options back. If you get an ***** when you call in, hang up and call back, wait times aren't long, and many of us know what were doing. Save yourself the aggrevation of wondering, call...

12-07-08 11:18 PM

Sorry just curious, if we do this process, is it possible that we may remove some of the program inside the blackberry?
    02-06-09 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD