11-27-09 07:04 PM
39 12
tools
    Is the SIM card the limiting factor? They are awfully cheap on ebay. Can I just buy bigger SIM and everything will be ok?

I asked a Nextel Tech and she said "no". I don't want to Nuke the BB from work...

Also, it appears that ringtones are not well supported with the 7100i. The tones that work suck, and I can't find one i like...

I have one oicked out...it's perfect. But it's the wrong format.
    07-02-08 08:11 AM
    BB Tech...here's one..we've got a 7100i from Nextel that will not boot and all we get is the tumbling hour glass. Tried pulling the battery and waiting for a bit, but it does not want to boot. Desktop manger and JL_Cmdr both will not connect to device. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    07-03-08 07:24 AM
    BB Tech:
    Two days ago I had to update my Desktop Manager to the newest version. I was instructed by tech support what to download. My old version had to be removed, but I had backed up all of my contacts, or so I thought. Each time I would add any new info. to my address book, when I connected to the desktop manger, it would ask me to accept or deny new entries. I was told that if I connected my blackberry to the DM, and hit restore, it would find everything for me. Well no such luck, I had to use contacts from my sim card, but not everything was even on there. Do you know where I could possibly locate my old contacts? Also since I installed the new DM, when I try to sync so that it will save what I have, a msg. pops up and says, no applications to sync. So how can I fix this to back up all my contacts, and applications each time new ones are added? If not the applications, at least the contacts.
    Last edited by Smooth69Style; 07-17-08 at 06:07 AM.
    07-17-08 01:01 AM
    They told me to press and hold the alt key (lower left-most button), while pressing L G L G. Right click, then clear all logs, then it works miraculously! I do this, pop the battery, several times per week.
    07-28-08 09:25 PM
    my 7520 rim wont recieve sms messages or let me send them i have nextel but i bought it off ebay and its unlocked can you help me out
    08-01-08 04:30 PM
    best way & how to download ringtones (mp3 files) to my 7100i?

- dm v4.2 does not reconize phone

- bluetooth with not work with krzr

- can't save a mp3 from an e-mail

must be a way?
    09-14-08 07:52 PM
    bump for the rookie
    09-15-08 05:29 PM
    bb tech help I have a 7520 my wife got for me should be here tomorow and I have no clue about a blackberry is there any where i can get a manual?
    12-28-08 08:34 AM
    bb tech help I have a 7520 my wife got for me should be here tomorow and I have no clue about a blackberry is there any where i can get a manual?
    DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON SPRINT 7520 MANUAL!
    12-29-08 07:53 PM
    When I plug my Nextel BB 7510 into my computer, it now says "USB Device Not Recognized". It worked fine yesterday, but that was before I did some updates for 2 friends. One w/ BB 7520, and another with BB 7100i.

What gives, and how do I get back to my happy place?

I've tried to uninstall all the software (desktop mgr, handheld software) and tried removing devices from Device Manager to no avail.... Help
    10-07-09 09:49 PM
    i bought my bb7100i for the boost mobile plan it has been going very well up until yesterday while it was charging it just randomly shut down and now it wont turn on, i thought it was the battery i used another bb battery and it didnt turn back on, and i put my battery in that other bb and it worked. so i hooked up to a laptop and it cant even find it, it doesnt even charge.

I saw somewhere that it could be the OS going down, now i wanna know how i fix this OS just so my phone can turn on, i dont have the money to be buying new phones every two weeks. is there a reset action or something.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU
    10-15-09 08:14 AM
    hello im kinda new to the the bb world...i just love them but since i cant afford a higher priced bb i went with the 7100i i know its old and all that jazz i love the side scroll wheel of the old bb's...but my problem is....i had ordered a bb from boostberry.com and i just received it today its fab its all connected everything paid for everythings cool....exept for the part that i cant go on the web can make calls and or text's....am i suppose to wait a couple hours till the service is on?..
    11-18-09 10:03 PM
    somebody help im using the boost unlimited broke my boost phone, so i got a 7520 a long time ago never really thought of using it till now, popped the sim in and the phone and dispatch work fine saw a post about opera mini for the net did that, now i really really need text mms and pop mail hit me back here or ezaecustomworks @gmail.com i know this is old an prehistoric but its my back up and i want to try and get it fully functional
    11-24-09 10:19 AM
    any questions regarding any of these BBs on the tech side.. ask here and ill do my best to help you!

send a private message if you want my sprint.com email so i can help you when im at work too!

Zach Wills
    tier2 for nextel bbs
    i have the bb 7100i my web and everything is up and running but i still cant text my cell number is 919-842-7598 my name is stacy please help me if you can thank u feel free to call at anytime day or night im ready to throw out the phone i need my text thank you so much
    11-27-09 07:04 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD