any questions regarding any of these BBs on the tech side.. ask here and ill do my best to help you!

send a private message if you want my sprint.com email so i can help you when im at work too!

Zach Wills
    tier2 for nextel bbs
    10-25-07 06:56 PM
    You must really be bored at work
    11-04-07 07:08 PM
    Hello, I have the 7100i, and I cant get my custom signitures for emails going.

Thanks
    12-09-07 07:55 AM
    If you're using the Nextel BIS service, you need to log onto your account and update your signature there. This will help:

How do I edit the "Sent from my BlackBerry®..." message? - BlackBerryFAQ
    12-09-07 01:05 PM
    i need to know how to activate my phone. i bought the i7100 next bb off of my friend and i just tried switching my sim cards from my ic502 but it didnt work.. any suggestions
    12-11-07 08:26 PM
    If you're using the Nextel BIS service, you need to log onto your account and update your signature there. This will help:

How do I edit the "Sent from my BlackBerry®..." message? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Okay, been using my bb for a week now, when I go to the site, cant log in, and when I requested my user information, says mine doesnt exist?
    12-12-07 02:01 PM
    Can we not buy ringtones from Nextel for the Blackberry 7100i?
    12-21-07 09:24 AM
    I have a 7520 and I have downloaded a midi ringtone. I got it to play, but it plays really fast. I can't even recognize the song. Is there a way to slow it down?
    02-20-08 12:25 AM
    Left u a pm.
    03-13-08 09:40 PM
    Well was wondering if people are having a lot of problems with the 7100i with text messaging. It seems like every week or so I have to call tech support and do a master radio reset and even sometimes I have to delete several service books and then reset the phone. I am really getting tired of the problem and am getting ready to cancel my contract with sprint NEXTEL due to various issues that I have been having and can't seem to hey them resolved so that they don't keep happening. Well if you can help let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 06:09 PM
    Well was wondering if people are having a lot of problems with the 7100i with text messaging. It seems like every week or so I have to call tech support and do a master radio reset and even sometimes I have to delete several service books and then reset the phone. I am really getting tired of the problem and am getting ready to cancel my contract with sprint NEXTEL due to various issues that I have been having and can't seem to hey them resolved so that they don't keep happening. Well if you can help let me know.

03-30-08 12:42 AM
    I am having the same issue. I have called and had the phone reset in order to receive text messages. Do you know why?
    03-30-08 01:58 AM
    I administor 20+ 7100i and I've only seen the no txt message issue a couple of times - and usually mine! I've gotten into the habit of once per week of popping out the battery while holding the power button for 30 seconds. got this tdbit once from a network tier 2 supervisor 99% of the time it not only cures the no email/txt message issue, but also many of the "strange" going on of the 7100i. Since doing this, I haven't had to go in and zap service books.

hope it helps
    03-31-08 06:17 AM
    Thanks for the advice will have to try it. Def gets old to wait on customer service!

03-31-08 08:28 AM

My wife and I both have the 7100i and have recently had issues with text messaging. She was told by the tech that these bb's werent meant to text message and that the patch added this functionality.

Be careful when doing the instructed deletions from the tech. Without realizing it, the young lady had me delete my work email account on the phone. It was a little bit of a pain in the neck to get that reactivated.
    05-01-08 11:13 AM
    I need to close applications running in background - mobipocket reader. What should be running in background?
    05-12-08 12:38 PM
    i need to know how to activate my phone. i bought the i7100 next bb off of my friend and i just tried switching my sim cards from my ic502 but it didnt work.. any suggestions

The sim card that works with the ic502 is not compatible with the 7100i. The last three digits of the sim car need to end in 310 in order to work with the 7100i

My wife and I both have the 7100i and have recently had issues with text messaging. She was told by the tech that these bb's werent meant to text message and that the patch added this functionality.

Be careful when doing the instructed deletions from the tech. Without realizing it, the young lady had me delete my work email account on the phone. It was a little bit of a pain in the neck to get that reactivated.
    Oh the humanity of stupid people. There is not patch to fix this issue and there never will be. I work for nextel in technical support and many customers ask about a so called patch. There is none. The older blackberrys were never supposed to text, but since txt messeging is a big thing it was programmed in. It has bugs and severe issues. They will never fix them cus the nextel BB are dying out. The new nextel BB should have a better time with txting. So remember there is no patch and never will be. The only way to fix the issue is to delete service books and refresh the account.
    Last edited by CappinHoff; 05-12-08 at 04:53 PM.
    05-12-08 04:38 PM
    I have a 7100i and the ringtone is very low. Do you know if there are any louder ones that I can download on this site?
    05-13-08 08:13 PM
    Well that's because that sim card is not compatible with your bb, the ic502 is a hybrid phone it doesn't work with bb's the best sim card for the 7100i bb is a sim card that ends in 310
    06-12-08 08:30 PM
    Okay, been using my bb for a week now, when I go to the site, cant log in, and when I requested my user information, says mine doesnt exist?
    Then you need to call tech support so they can update it for you
    06-12-08 08:33 PM
    Can we not buy ringtones from Nextel for the Blackberry 7100i?
    Well really ringtones aren't supported by nextel for the blackberries, but a website you can try and go to download ringtones is handango.com
    06-12-08 08:36 PM
    *WARNING* - NOOB QUESTION ALERT!!!

How do I accept friend invites on Blackberry Messenger?
    06-13-08 05:58 PM
    Um yeah, i never was a heavy texter... until Nextel came out with SEP and my phone started to prefer txt's vs. calls. I too have had prob's with texting and after calling CS i simply resorted to doing master resets, to include removing the battery. After doing that it typically starts working. I just wish Sprint/Nextel would come out with a new bberry that would be DirectConnect capatible. CS was sometimes helpful, just like mentioned above they'll inadvertently change an email or phone setting and you're stuck calling them back again....

BBTech: can you tell me what i can do to enable my 7100i to become a modem? I've searched the forums and one time many months ago i thought i found software that i downloaded into my berry...
    06-16-08 12:40 AM
    Help me BBTech, you're my only hope!

I see that Sprint/Nextel only offers OS4.1, but apparently, the things I would like to do require 4.2.

All I really want to do is put ringtones on my phone and transfer pics via Media manager.

MM does not recognize my BB! It says that no device is connected, yet I can sync and install, etc. Just can't transfer media files...again, just pics and a ringtone that I can not d/l OTA.

Can I upgrade to 4.2?

I am using Desktop 4.5, but same symptoms with earlier release.
    Ringtine I like is .qcp format (?). wavs and midis I D/L OTA seem to work fine.

TIA for your help!
    06-30-08 10:21 AM
    Check to make sure your Sim card is a 64kb... typically ending in 310... Other sim cards will not work with this model phone...
    07-01-08 11:39 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD