This is what I've figured out so far in trying to use a nextel 7100i on the telus network as a telus user. I had a motorola i833 that toasted due to water damage and wanted to try a blackberry. I was told by a local shop that Iden phones were not locked and just moving my sim card to the Blackberry should work. When I tried my sim in the nextel 7100i it gave me a sim card error. Using the sim card in a telus BB allowed the phone to function on my own number. (make and recieve calls) I fought with this for a few nights and finally stumbled on to the fact that version 4.10.136 for telus on the BB site gave no sim card error and allowed the nextel phone to work. Using versions later than this gave the same sim card error. (eg 4.10.525). The phone is functioning just fine and is allowing me to use the organizer, the tasks, calander,calculator etc. I am not on a data plan and not using the the Browser or Messanger service. The only issue I now have is that the nextel name continues to show up on the home screen. When I use the Alt RACE cmd it show the vendor id as 103. Does anyone know how to set this to 126, the code for Telus. I pass on some of my experience to help others in the same boat. Ebay sells 7100i for a lot less than Telus, and I have a real problem signing to a long term contract that is a one way street. Seems like the only winner for a contract is the phone company. Thanks for any help with changeing the vendor ID at the root.
    10-28-08 10:55 PM
    I tried this today!. And it works great!!! Thanks Again!!!

I thought that i wasted my money, because knowone i talked to could figure out how to make it work!!

Thanks To Crackberry!!!
    02-22-09 01:03 PM
    So basically I have to take my Telus Sim card and put it in a telus BB then back to the NEXTEL bb for it to work? Correct me if i'm wrong.

I have the 7100i V4.10.136.
    Last edited by rawdem; 03-29-09 at 03:50 PM.
    03-29-09 03:47 PM
    I was ready to put my new in the box nextel 7100i back on ebay. Nobody and I mean NOBODY could unlock this phone. Not really unlocked but way better than a boat anchor. Happily answering calls on Telus.
    Thanks Again
    10-08-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD