I just purchased my first Blackberry. It is a 7130c. I am looking for any and all help on what accessories or addons are must haves that I can transfer to my phone. Any help at all would be great as I am a total newbie!

Thanks in advance.
    09-26-07 12:47 PM
    Welcome to The Crack! The best help I can possibly offer you is this: check out the search function and the FAQs here. Most newbie questions have been asked answered several times over. We were all n00bs, once!

SO....what is it you will be doing with your BlackBerry the most? What do you expect to get out of owning one? If you plan on using IM such as AIM, Yahoo, GoogleTalk, etc..., I heartily recommend JiveTalk (beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging) FTW. Opera Mini for browsing. The list goes on and on.......
    09-26-07 02:10 PM
    I am planning on using it mostly as a PDA. I would like to have my emails and calendar from Outlook synced with my phone. I will not be texting much or using the web much. I would also like to have a map feature on my phone that will allow me to look up addresses as I will be traveling with a new job in the near future. Does the google maps feature require internet access to view them? I have looked at them a little.
    Thanks again for your help.
    09-26-07 03:35 PM
    Yes, Google maps requires internet access. Other apps you may want to look at are Empower or BBSmart, both of which add full HTML support for viewing e-mails. Beyond that, you won't need much. As you get to know and love your BlackBerry, you will discover more uses for it, and more apps that you will want. Trust me.
    09-27-07 05:32 AM
    hix , I have one 7130c too,I really want to upgrade it to 4.2 OS but I can't...I asked a lot of poeple who using 7130c and they can't... hix ..

Does Cingular not support for 4.2 ? Or they can't
    10-13-07 01:21 PM
    I have been able to load OS 4.2 and both of the service packs without a problem on my 7130c. I just made sure I loaded the BB software first then the OS. Everything is working great.
    10-13-07 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD