I have a 7100i Blackberry on Boost. My problem is that I have 2 sets of service books. One set gives me data with no text/mms while the other gives me text/mms but no data... and before anyone asked the service books listed on here are the ones I have that give me mms but no data. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone felt like attempting to combine the 2 service books for me so I can get data and text both working. I don't need the blackberry push and all that... just text and data. Anyone wanna take a shot at it for me??
    05-24-09 07:01 PM
    I will start this off, thank you for that. I've got a 7100i on boost as well, and needing the MMS service books. Delete your browser off the bb, restore the service books titled "textnodata", then reinstall the browser. I now have both data and text
    05-25-09 01:34 AM
    When i do that.. data only works on my phone for about 5 minutes.. then it stops.
    05-25-09 10:01 AM
    Ok, I got it figured out... thanks anyways.
    05-27-09 12:04 AM
    so u guys r tellin me that a bb on boost can mms and check email and browse the internet??
    06-09-09 09:30 AM
    yes it does
    06-10-09 09:18 AM
    I just got a 7100i from a friend with Nextell It still has all the service books on it
    Im hoping by installing my Boost sim It will still have some functionallity but if not there are a bunch of ways to still be able to text and email google has been my friend here!
    06-11-09 05:32 PM
    I just got a 7100i from a friend with Nextell It still has all the service books on it
    Im hoping by installing my Boost sim It will still have some functionallity but if not there are a bunch of ways to still be able to text and email google has been my friend here!
    Sorry to say the service books are carrier specific, but by the looks of the previous posts, you should be able to get it up and working.
    06-11-09 05:34 PM
    i click on the attachament for service books and my computer will not open that type of file what should i do??
    01-14-10 12:19 PM
    i click on the attachament for service books and my computer will not open that type of file what should i do??
    It's a zip formation, you will need unzip software in order to open that folder to view the files, which you can download a excellent free software for that is 7zip, which you can google it and it should bring up first link to download it. And then unzip that folder, but most of window operation system should have unzipping software on the computer. Try to right-click and see if you can find "unzip" before you download 7zip, if it does show "unzip" then you can click unzip and it should open a folder with files for you to view.
    02-17-10 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD