Hi all,

I am a pretty seasoned BB user having gone through the pain of a 7510, 7520 and now my 2nd 7100i. I just received a new unit from my carrier and everything was working fine up unitl about 2 days ago.

All of the sudden, I am only getting tone reminders for scheduled tasks and calendar items but no pop up's on the screen. As well, when I used to get tone alerts for incoming emails and my phone was holstered, if I unholstered it to look at the incoming message, it would automatically open on the screen for me to read. It no longer does this either. I've tried some fixes (some which make sense to me and some which do not) resending the service books, wiping the handheld and doing a hard reset and more.

Does anyone have any idea about this cause it's driving me crazy and I'm hearing the reminder's tone that I have something to do....i just have no idea what...!

Thanks to all in advance,
    09-20-07 05:03 PM
    I know that this is a fix for the 8830 but it worked perfect on my 7100i!

I can't seem to post the URL's here but here is the fix.

Go to blackberry.com --> support and then to the technical solutions area of the web site and seach for:

"Reminder notifications for Calendar appointments may not display on the BlackBerry smartphone."

It has something to do with the Internet Service (CICAL) Service Book. Do what they ask and then a hard reset and all fixed up!
    09-21-07 04:18 PM
    Tim, thank you for the post. Had the issue on my 7130 and worked through the blackberry fix. Worked like a charm. The service books entries I removed for my cingular BB were all (CMIME).
    11-06-07 01:28 PM
    did you guys do a backup? or did you just have to lose all your data and things like that?
    11-06-07 01:49 PM
    be warned! the service book thing WILL WORK and your pop up reminders will come back. but you lose everything in your calendar...i learned the hard way
    just make sure you have it backed up
    12-17-07 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD