hey i just got a 7130e and when i got everything activated the browser application is missing, and also i cannot set up my gmail on the phone. ive been trying to troubleshoot all day long and i cannot get this figured out.

ive set up my BIS online but nothing seems to be working on my phone.

i cannot really set anything up on the phone through my computer since im using a mac and PocketMac.

im really confused and i really wanna get this figured out.

nothing seems to be working, the MMS isnt there either.

if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it!!!

thanks

-sean
    01-23-08 05:09 PM
    This same exact thing happened with my Pearl a couple days ago. Not sure how different the steps would be for your 7series, but I hope this helps. I found this info on the Support & Services page at blackberry.com.

Complete the following steps:
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    2. On the Handheld Application Selection screen, clickAdd.
    3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\<current handheld software folder.
    4. Select Browser.alx and clickOpen.
    5. Start the Application Loader Wizard, and select theBlackBerry Browser option in the Handheld Application Selection screen.
    02-09-08 08:02 PM
    Okay, so....I followed the exact steps that I listed above, and still received an error while trying to re-load the browser.xml from my PC to my Pearl. Did a little more research, and learned the only guaranteed solution is to reinstall the BB OS on your phone. AFter I did that everthing was back to normal.

FYI - if you use your BB as a modem for internet connection on your PC, you will also have to delete and recreate the connection for a successful connection.
    02-10-08 03:38 AM
    Sounds like you are missing the service books. When you set up your email on the BIS there should be an option to send the service book.
    02-10-08 06:05 AM
    To register a BlackBerry device over the wireless network, complete the following steps:

On the Home screen, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
    Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry device.

Complete the step associated with the software version you are running:
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.
    Note: Some users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.

Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry device connects to the wireless network.

Then do a soft reset on the phone remove the battery
    02-10-08 12:29 PM
    haha i guess it turned out that my carrier didnt have the right data plan on my account like i was suppose to have and it took them 2 hours to try to figure out what was going on

fixed it now tho
    02-25-08 12:38 AM
    To register a BlackBerry device over the wireless network, complete the following steps:

On the Home screen, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
    Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry device.

Complete the step associated with the software version you are running:
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.
    Note: Some users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.

Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry device connects to the wireless network.

Then do a soft reset on the phone remove the battery
    WOW, it never fails to amaze me how quickly so many problems can be solved thanks to the web.

Miss.Curve, Thanks for the help!!!

Ben
    08-02-08 01:15 AM
    When I hold down alt key and press s, b, e, b is does nothing I am missing my option to "compose mms" and my internet browser
    10-12-09 07:44 PM
    I popped the battery out and did a master reset and I can get my gmail and place calls. and I can 2-way. I just need my internet browser back and the MMS option back. I used to be able to go to my address book and highlight a name, click the trackwheel and it would give an option to "compose mms". I only have compose email, and PIN msg. Somebody please help me get this thing back to working like it is supposed to.
    10-12-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD